Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Sep 16, 2011.
Meh. All the good stuff happened toward the end...next week looks better.
I like the idea that Vikings originally settled in Mystic Falls 1000 years ago. It makes no sense since the Vikings were all up in the northeast and not in Virginia, but hey it sounds cool...
Maybe they can tie it into the missing colony of Roanoke in a future episode and have whoever the Vikings abandoned in America without a way to get back to Europe eventually find out through the natives several hundred years later about new settlers and then use that opportunity to use their ships.
I liked the ep, but it was kind of slow. I was happy that Anna and Pearl were reunited, and Bonnie got to see Grams one more time.
I got a kick out of Uncle Mason and Damon as the dynamic duo. Ghost Mason just wanted to give Tyler a better shot in life, sappy but sweet.
Caroline has probably become Mrs Lockwood's favorite Tyler girlfriend!
It will be great to finally get some concrete information on the origins of Klaus, Elijah, Rebecca and family.
I paused the previews and looked at the notes - I believe they read - witch - vampire - wolf attack.
It appears that Rebecca was strangling someone that looked like Elena/Catherine. The original Petrova perhaps?
My favorite characters who have died are Mason, Lexi, and Grams, I was really bummed when each of them died, so, this was awesome to be able to see all 3 of them again.
And yea, it was really sweet seeing Anna and Pearl reunited. As much sweetness and "happy endings" as we got in this episode though, I think we viewers are in for a really rough ride, these last few episodes (I assume it'll be 10 and a break as usual?)
And yea, Mama Lockwood, if she doesn't love Caroline now, she's a true moron. It was funny seeing Alaric play hard to get with Damon
So I have a Q - Did Lexi use mind control to make Stefan feel he had progressed that far in time? She was counting off months, etc without blood. I assume she was sobering him up in a hurry because of the spell, but how was she doing that?
He mentioned that it took her ten years to straighten him out after Chicago.
I liked Uncle Mason. It was nice that at least one male Lockwood did not appear to be a total tool.
I wonder if they are going to kill all of the originals or just Klaus? I would not mind seeing Rebecca getting another silver stake in the heart.
I would like to keep Elijah though. He seems to be the only member of that family that was/is not a vapid bore.
Still intrigued by Michael.
The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 8 “Ordinary People” Official Description Tonight at 8PM on The CW!
The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x08 - Ordinary People (HD)
I wasn't feeling last week...this one looks great though.
Great ep! This would have been one for Temis to watch. I still like Rebekah...and I so called it on Michael being the daddy of the originals! Next week looks like a great way to go into the break.
Rebekkah was even less vapid in this one. I could actually feel threatened by her.
I liked the episode, though it was a huge information dump on the original family. We found out pretty much everything. I wished some more things had happend in Mystic Falls though.
Looks like Mikael wants revenge/justice for his dead wife. The actor, Sebastian Roche has played a shapeshifter, an angel and a vampire. What else will he play next?
I really like the Rebekah actress, hoping she sticks around for a long time.
Last night was a lot of information to process and it left me with a few questions.
1. So, did werewolves first appear in the New World as part of a Viking settlement? That is just what I assume from what was said about the witches seeing a strong race living in the New World, and Alaric mentioning that it was Viking script on the cave walls.
2. The original family fled due to plague. Are we to assume it was the Bubonic plague or some unknown menance? If it was Bubonic, that does not seem to jive with the timeline. Unless we assume the Viking/wolves were living in the New World since they went a Viking and just plopped there far from Europe for a long time?
3. We see Klaus and Elijah in Europe aroud the 14th/15th century and that corresponds well with plague times. However, by that time they were aware of the doppelganger curse and were working to get everyone and his brother looking for the moon stone via the madeup Inca curse of the sun and moon. Are we to assume they knew that Incas were going to become common knowledge? Because no one in the West was supposed to "know" about them until the late 1400s/ early 1500s. Maybe they compelled Ferdinand and Isabella to send ships out?
- Also, one would assume it would take the family Petrova a few generations to spit out a doppelganger.
4. How does the original Petrova fit into this? Mama lays on the curse. One assumes she did it via the original woman in the Viking settlement. But Petrova sounds to be an Eastern European name. Did the family flee to escape Klaus?
5. Did Rebecca, Klaus and Elijah hunt down the wolves to protect themselves? (Catherine mentions that the werewolves had been relegated to legend almost.) They are scarce.
6. I assume Elijah turns on Klaus because he finds out that Klaus killed mommy dearest? Or Perhaps he just gets sick and tired of Klaus coffining everyone?
7. I guess Michael is ready to kill his children because he blames them for Esther's death?
8. If Esther was the original witch did she train other witches?
9. Why are "modern" vamps and werewolves so clueless. One can assume the wolves were so hunted and scattered that it broke down their communication. However, that does not explain why the vamps did not pass on a little history to one another once in a while.
10. Finally, how did Pearl know that Michael was entombed in Charlotte? He was entombed in there in the 90s and Pearl herself was dessicating in a tomb at that time. Did she just find out when she got out? That does not explain why Catherine said that Pearl never told her about Michael. Maybe Pearl was just that old and in the know but it bugs me. Catherine did not see Pearl post tomb did she?
I guess Klaus would not be able to rest easy at any point with Michael chasing him. That may explain why vampires were never able to rise to power. You needed to keep hopping to keep MyKill at bay. He seems to hate all the undead and will stake them if he has got them.
Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 9 “Homecoming” Description. Tonight at 8PM on The CW!
The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x09 - Homecoming (HD)
After the hiatus TVD returns...
I give them points for the Kat & Elena switch up...but this ep was lacking...sad to see Michael taken down so easily. Kinda Meh given it is S3 mid season finally.
Well I liked it for the little moments if you will.
I think they had to neutralize Michael. He was more of a loose cannon than Klaus, if that is possible?
Besides, I did not think that Klaus would go all ashes to ashes, dust to dust in this one anyways. They have added Joseph Morgan to the main cast and put him in some of the promos. I think Klaus will be safe until around the end of this season.
They killed all of his hybrids except Tyler. I wonder when he is going to go after more of Elena's blood?
"I told her to go to church and pray for your friends." That one had me rolling.
"I did not expect to be here with you." Matt to Catherine masquerading as Elena.
I kept thinking that Elena's hair was very Catherinesque at the party. I should have listened to my instincts and I would have caught on earlier.
Elena daggering Rebecca was sort of bittersweet. I was beginning to like Barbie Klaus.
I loved, loved, loved that Catherine and Stefan stole Klaus' coffin collection. I did not see that coming.
I believe that Caroline and Matt are on their way back to each other. I don't think they ever really got over one another in the first place.
I say that the brothers Salvatore love each other more than anyone else.
I was probably being too harsh...I did think Bonnie was wasted in this ep and no Ric or Jeremy? Kat loves Stefan & Damon is her toy...this won't change...but who doesn't love their favorite toy. The Bros love for each other runs deep and it should.
I am hoping we see more Rebekah & Elijah in the new year.
I dunno, somehow I found this ep lacking too. Everybody was so busy double-crossing and contingency-plan making that I found it hard to invest in anything that was going on as I was just waiting for each piece of action to be consistently undermined - which it was.
I also don't understand what Stefan gets out of the coffin-stealing bit? He's just setting everyone up to die and for what? I mean, either immolate the family or bury them in cement but to play "come and get it"? Why make everyone a target that way? I don't follow.
I mean, I get Katherine's motivation - get Klaus chasing someone else for once besides her. But for Stefan it seems a pretty stupid move.
Damn, what a letdown. I was hoping Klaus was a goner. I just don't like the actor. Shame Mikael got staked so soon.
Damon, Katherine, Elijah and Mikael were all way better Big Bads.
Katherine's plan also made no sense. I thought Klaus had been chasing her for a long time, why would she want to keep him alive? The wanting to save Damon thing was so weird. She has stated before she only loves Stefan.
The show wasn't much different than from where it was a few weeks ago. Stefan is still RoboStefan and Klaus is the only Big Bad on the show.
This season hasn't been as good as the first two. I'm not liking the whole Stefan becoming RoboStefan thing. Everything decision he makes doesn't count since it really isn't the real chararacter making it.
The Supernatural writers did something like this to one of its main characters in season 6 and fans were super pissed about that too.
^ Smallville writers are also involved. Although this recent ep was written by Evan Bleiweiss...but Al Septien & Turi Meyer from Smallville write for TVD also.
was this there mid season break?
Yes...it returns Jan 5th.
now what will I do for vampires?
Separate names with a comma.