The USS Icarus, Ambassador prototype, 2021 update

Belz...

Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
2022-02-11 update: check out the newer version in post 15. For the original, if the links are broken, go here:
https://twitter.com/Belz_Zebuth/status/1437450740377735168

Back in 2004-12 I created my first digital Trek design, the Icarus. I posted it here, along with an update from 3 years ago. Now I decided to revisit it again and give it a new version worthy of my latest works.

In-universe, the Icarus was the prototype for a replacement class to the Constitution, but due to many development issues, technical difficulties and changing politics, it was abandoned in favour of the Ambassador project. However, the prototype herself had a long and illustrious career.
icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_deqxcvq-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_deqyojd-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_deqzy85-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_der0vv1-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_der1uxv-fullview.jpg

der31ip-c312d400-a6a7-42e8-8f49-f70d8d260441.png

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_der3oeq-fullview.jpg

See my Deviantart page for full versions.

Last edited:
I love it! A very nice prototype starship :)

:beer:

Edit: upon further viewings, I just want to mention how much I love the nacelles on this ship.

Overall, a physical model of this would be a joy to own, IMO!

Last edited:
It's not an ambassador class starship. Please read the description in the information view.

In truth, it's the Ambassador class' 10000 that's way too high for the time.

Ok so it's been a while! Another update today.

I changed the neck completely. Something bothered me about the curves and layers of the previous one, so I stole it from the Carthage (another of mine) and went to work, giving the Icarus an aft torpedo launcher. I also updated a bunch of details such as the bridge, the impulse deck, the thrusters, the fins at the back of the nacelles, the rec deck, and more.

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_deqxcvq-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_deqyojd-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_deqzy85-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_der0vv1-fullview.jpg

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_der1uxv-fullview.jpg

der31ip-d62eda96-bb59-434f-84fe-ad7963ae176d.png

icarus_class__ambassador__ncc_1701_c__prototype_by_argumemnon_der3oeq-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
Back