The totally dope/metal Kevin Smith Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Kai "the spy", Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Kev and Marc were back before a live audience at the Scum & Villainy Cantina for a new Fatman Beyond (which, due to the livestream being thrown off YouTube, comes once again in two parts):

Also, Ming is back with Mike at the Secret Stash for this week's I Sell Comics:

2. Kai "the spy"

I'm a bit late on this, but this past weekend, Kev and Ralph went back on stage for a new Hollywood Babble-On:

3. Kai "the spy"

Okay, couple of items today.

First, after only a couple of months (the ad at the beginning still says "this week's episode", though), there's a new SModcast:

SModcast #450: The Debut of Clerks, too

Instead of the usual casual interview, this is using material previously released behind the paywall of ThatKevinSmithClub, specifically an appearance at the new Smodcastle during the filming of Clerks III last summer.

Second, Mike and Ming did a new I Sell Comics:

And, as Mike and Ming refered to in that episode, there's a major announcement.

Kevin Smith and Secret Stash Press roll up with Dark Horse Comics

Dark Horse Comics, along with Kevin Smith’s Secret Stash Press, is thrilled to announce a new line of comics penned by the award-winning writer/director himself!

The line will launch in Fall 2022 with Masquerade, an eight-issue masked avenger tale about a budding vigilante, followed by Quick Stops, an ongoing anthology series set in the world of Smith’s View Askewniverse movies, featuring characters from such cult classic films as Clerks, Mallrats, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and more! Smith’s publishing plans go beyond his own books, expanding the line with titles from other creators as well.

Really cool. Quick Stops will be the first View Askewniverse comic in almost two decades, and I still love and re-read the Clerks comic books.

4. Kai "the spy"

Kev & Marc back behind the bar of the Scum & Villainy Cantina for the new Fatman Beyond:

5. Kai "the spy"

Kev and Ralph are back for a new Hollywood Babble-On:

6. Kai "the spy"

7. Kai "the spy"

Kev is in the SmodCastle in Leonardo, NJ, and Marc is at the Scum & Villainy Cantina in LA, for a bi-coastal Fatman Beyond:

8. Kai "the spy"

9. Kai "the spy"

Kev is back home in LA for a traditional Fatman Beyond with Marc at the Scum & Villainy Cantina:

10. Kai "the spy"

No Kev, but Marc was on Late Night with Seth Meyers last night to talk about his comic:

11. Kai "the spy"

Kev and Marc are both back in LA, both back at the Scum & Villainy Cantina for a new Fatman Beyond:

12. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

I remember reading about Dogma in Juice magazine back in 2000 and the first time I saw it I watched 3 times in a day. My sister Ally would watch it every Christmas Day.

13. Kai "the spy"

To honor the late Neal Adams, who passed away on Thursday at age 80, Kev put up a six hour supercut of him talking to the legend for the Fatman on Batman podcast:

Fatman Beyond #365: Neal Adams Requiem

dupersuper likes this.
  14. Kai "the spy"

Kev and Marc zoomed in again for a Home Show edition of Fatman Beyond:

15. Kai "the spy"

Although they had planned a live show at the Scum & Villainy Cantina, this week's Fatman Beyond finds Kev and Marc at their respective homes again:

16. Kai "the spy"

So, there was supposed to be a Fatman Beyond live show at the Cantina yesterday, but it had to be cancelled, as Kev has CoVID.
    [​IMG]
    Harley and her boyfriend tested positive, as well, so they gather they got infected together during a visit to DisneyWorld. Wishing them all a speedy and full recovery.

Under these circumstances, I'm afraid even the long-awaited Hollywood Babble-On return this weekend will have to be postponed.

But, to hold us over, there's a new "Clerks Too" episode of the Smodcast:

Smodcast 454: Clerks Too, Ep. 3: Belly of the Beast

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  17. Kai "the spy"

They might have not been able to do a live show at the Cantina, but Kev and Marc went back to Zoom to deliver a new Fatman Beyond:

Also, the Hollywood Babble-On show has been officially re-scheduled for June 11. So, there's something to look forward to.

18. Kai "the spy"

[​IMG]

Also, reminder that there's a new Hollywood Babble-On coming up.

19. urrutiap

urrutiap Captain Captain

Of all of the Jay and Silent Bob movies, Chasing Amy I still have not seen yet. The thing is that movie is hard to find in stores but just recently while i was at Walmart i did see a re -release of the DVD for the movie. was tempted to buy it but i needed to get a new pair of jeans and a shirt which were more important than buying a movie

20. Kai "the spy"

You got the right priorities. Still, if you get the chance to watch it, it's one of Kev's best. Even if Jay & Silent Bob are only in one scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.