The totally dope/metal Kevin Smith Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Kai "the spy", Jul 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Moe

Captain Moe Captain Captain

What a wonderful thread, will enjoy going over and reading it in full later. Always happy to see some Kevin Smith love, I have always enjoyed his Viewaskew films and I can watch them over and over again.

I really enjoyed Reboot it delivered exactly what I wanted and an so glad I was able to venture out and see it on the big screen.

Turtletrekker and Kai "the spy" like this.
  2. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

3. Kai "the spy"

Quick update on the SmodCastle:

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

5. Kai "the spy"

Since Kev is back in New Jersey right now, Marc recorded a new Blackman Beyond, this time with Yetide Badaki of "American Gods" fame to talk about, among other things, "Lovecraft Country" and Batman Day:

6. Kai "the spy"

Kev talks to local media in Red Bank, NJ, about the recently opened Mooby's Pop-Up Restaurant:

7. Kai "the spy"

Kev is back in L.A. and just has time to meet Marc Bernardin at the Scum & Villainy for a new Fatman Beyond, with Special (Zoom) Guest Ryan Liebowitz of Golden Apple Comics, before a hot date with the Missus:

8. Kai "the spy"

Now online, here is the 10 Year Anniversary episode of Jay & Silent Bob Get Old! recorded at the Grand Opening of the Mooby's Pop-Up in New Jersey:

9. Kai "the spy"

^ Huh. Taken down for some reason. Wasn't a bootleg upload, but on Jason Mewes' own YouTube channel. Oh, well.

Kev and Marc were back behind the bar at the Scum & Villainy for a new Fatman Beyond:

10. Kai "the spy"

After a near-month long break, Ralph and Kev are back on providing commentaries the 1966 Batman TV show, this time for episodes #17 & 18, featuring the one-time villain False-Face:

Hollywood Babble-On #37: Caped Commentaries 9!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  11. Kai "the spy"

Kev zoomed in to Schmoedown head honcho Kristian Harloff's 1 on 1 video podcast to talk, among other things, his next match in the Schmoedown:

But it's Kev getting to talk about himself, so of course, it's over two hours long.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  12. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

I finished up a rewatch of the View Askewniverse films last night. Some I haven't watched in 15 years or so. Mallrats I haven't watched since I originally saw it in the theater. For the most part, they all still make me laugh my ass off, which I was very surprised at since I was going into the rewatch expecting most of it to be meh. Dogma is still my fav by far. The version of Clerks I watched had the animated funeral scene in it which I never saw or realized I owned. Definitely a nice wtf treat. It was fucking hysterical and my favorite part of the movie :lol:. Clerks 2 was the only one that I'm a little on the fence on. The first 3/4 of the flick really don't do much for me. The ending cracks me up though. Reboot was a much better film too after seeing all the previous movies and being able to pick up on all the easter eggs. I'll def do another rewatch in another 15 years.

13. Kai "the spy"

Kev and Marc, once again behind the bar of the Scum & Villainy Cantina, in a new Fatman Beyond:

Note: After the livestream on Sunday, CBS/Paramount apparently objected to the free advertising through Kev and Marc playing and watching the NYCC trailer for The Stand, so it had to be blurred out.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  14. Kai "the spy"

15. Kai "the spy"

This didn't take long; Kev and Marc are back behind the bar at the Scum & Villainy Cantina to once again do a new Fatman Beyond:

Also, Arrow Video, the company behind the new Mallrats BluRay edition, hosted a Q&A with Kev:

16. Kai "the spy"

17. Kai "the spy"

Update from the Smodcastle:

18. Kai "the spy"

Kev spent some time with Michael Rosenbaum on his podcast "Inside of You":

19. Kai "the spy"

Kev & Marc, the Scum & Villainy Cantina, must be a new Fatman Beyond:

20. Kai "the spy"