The Time Lord Handbook updates

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by starsuperion, Jul 20, 2019.

1. starsuperion

starsuperion Commodore Commodore

So, as some of you know, I've essentially been working on producing a series of Fan book publications based on Doctor Who. My inspiration comes from being a huge fan of Trek schematics, comic books and the Star Fleet technical manual.
    To that end, I've been working steadily with my co-author William B. Swift, famously associated with the website whoniverse.net
    My three books are as follows:
    1. The TARDIS Master Schematics and General Plans Index. Essentially a Mr. Scott's guide to the Enterprise, but mine is generic and based on the Type 40, mark I. Not necessarily, the Doctor's TARDIS.
    [​IMG]
    2.The Time Lord Compendium. Effectively a Starfleet Manual based on the Time Lords and Gallifrey tech and society.
    [​IMG]
    3. The Time Lord Handbook. Like comic book who's who, from DC or Marvel comics. My goal is simply to provide something that fans would like to read, and all while giving back to my fellow Whovians, some good and unique books all built with art, that does the majestic style and designs of the series justice.

To that end. Here are some of the entries so far...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can visit my art on Deviant art. I'll be sharing updates on the characters and pages in coming posts to this thread.
    Currently, I am working on the following pages coming soon...
    1. Shayde II (Feyde)
    2. The Doctor IIII
    3. The Master (Roger Delgado's version)
    4. Chancellor Flavia from the 5 Doctor's special.
    5. Romana
    6. Romana II
    More to come fellow Whovians!
    https://www.deviantart.com/time-lord-rassilon/gallery/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Thanks for doing this!

starsuperion likes this.
  3. starsuperion

No problem! I find this therapeutic and quite enjoyable. It's always been something I wanted, and with all the Whovian books that have been released, there's really nothing that hit that "wow" factor for me, so I decided to take it upon myself, with some much needed help from William, to get these books done, and to get the lore correct. I am in his debt for most of his direction and help, and can't wait to finish these books and make them available for those select fans who want to buy a copy. I can't make a profit on it, because I'm not the license holder, but I can produce it, and make it available for others who would like to have it in their collection. I think before I send it to print, I will definitely be doing some finalizing of the art, and editing the text to make sure it is all correct. My finest work will be the TMSGPI, and the Time lord Compendium.

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

There is another person Lord Other, who does something similar....

starsuperion likes this.
  5. starsuperion

hmm.. I would love to see his work. I do know of Paul Hanley's work. He's awesome. I love his stuff. Very cool, and very professional looking.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

7. starsuperion

Nice! I love it!
    Here's an update BTW from the TARDIS Master Schematics and General Plans Index book I am working on.
    [​IMG]

Short answer for the tech behind this.
    to give you an idea of the scale of this thing, the CSM section at the centre of the Time Sceptre is about 6 miles across. Tho, think of how the ship from the finale of Season 10, with Capaldi and the spaceship stuck at the event horizon of the black hole was. Time was moving faster near the back furthest to the black hole, while time was moving extremely slower towards the blackhole. In this case we are looking at dimensional scale. The bottom of the sceptre is smaller visually, but as you move closer to it, it is actually massive. This is because the dimensional pressures you encounter are affecting your perception and from afar the sceptre looks like it is all one scale, and what is small should be small as you approach it. However, it is not that case. IT would be easy to show the scaling, but it would have to be done in sections of the Sceptre vs the outer shell, not all at once, because of the relative scale.
    Relative Temporal Dimensional distortion:
    Physical mass perception and distance becomes inconsistent and is in fact a consequence of the perspective of the observer, not the physical object being observed.

So for instance, because the bottom of the sceptre looks smaller, one would assume the Star Chamber is larger on the inside, when in fact, it is larger already, and as you get closer to the object, your perspective syncs up with the object. if you were at the same time, looking up, the top part of the sceptre being smaller, and what's in front of you massive, and below you smaller. This changes if you were to move up the sceptre, as objects become their actual scale relative to you and your personal scale or perspective. this is also governed by distance. objects may be closer then they appear, or further then they appear.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    publiusr likes this.
  8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

9. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

That could’ve been king is rather nice. You mix the various chunks of canon quite nicely tbh.

starsuperion likes this.
  10. starsuperion

Thanks! I've always wondered how the Could've been king was, and his army. To me, since we are dealing with Time, and realities that may no longer exist, as a result of the battle, it seemed logical to describe the meanwhiles and NEVERWERES as that, and to the point that the Time Lords were ressurecting their enemeis to fight their war for them, the idea of Omega being a so called King and hatch a plot to conquer not just the Daleks, but also Gallifrey. So it made sense given the idea. No less also taking the idea of Validium, a living metal in canon, and making it so that it grows based on the DNA pattern of the Doctor as they tried in ark of infinity, seemed a plausible way to bring the antimatter conciousness of Omega back into being. Given Validium's unique properties, it could facilitate such an action and conversion of psychic energy into its shell and living metal cells. The perfect way to bring Omega back, and having the cult of OHM facilitate that as the back story, really added to the idea that thos could be for me, a plausible arguement for who the Could've been King was.

jaime likes this.
  11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I wonder if Morbius could have played a part somehow,

12. starsuperion

I think Big Finish Brought Morbius back didn't they?

Anyhow, on another note...
    [​IMG]
    I decided to do a poster, and get Wal-Mart to print it. This is going to be framed and hung up at my office.
    Included within this poster are real true Physics equations for extra dimensional space. Bigger on the inside. The equations do not violate Einstein's theory of Space-Time.

13. starsuperion

[​IMG]
    Here is a good Grey scale version of my poster. It would look good for RPG gaming use on 8.5 X 14 paper.
    I've double and triple checked the math on the equations for bigger on the inside. It's legit, true physics. Now this isn't the full 7th dimensional view of the ship's interior within the expanded dimensions. That will be coming much later. However this does give you a view of the essential components of the Type 40. I plan to get the blue and white one as my poster.

publiusr likes this.
  14. starsuperion

[​IMG]

Sorry fellow RPG Gamers who downloaded this for print the 1st time. Here is a better model for you to use. It should be easier on the printer, and brighter for playing. I also corrected some things. Hope you likes. Cheers.

publiusr likes this.