The Terry Matalas as Star Trek Showrunner Petition

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by TerryTrek, Mar 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh I agree.

2. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Perhaps Disney and LucasFilms can make the new Star Trek series then? :shrug:

3. Tuskin38

I... what...

The problem isn't who is making it. It's having 2 shows period.

Also why Disney and Lucasfilm? Why would they ever give it to them?

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yeah, once Paramount/CBS cuts back on their streaming shows, they'll probably focus more on making a new film, since they gotta make more revenue somewhere.

5. Timofnine

Disney and Lucas film could afford to produce a new show if CBS are struggling for cash in regards to Star Trek. They might even be able to give it a higher ‘movie like’ budget and also it would go well alongside the new Doctor Who series. :D

As for two concurrent Enterprise series, Pike is set in the past which sets that show apart from a 25th century continuation taking the franchise forward not backwards. The characters would have to be totally different and unique though.

If not a new Enterprise for a potential hero ship, perhaps it could be the Voyager A?
    Then they can do a Prodigy crossover, as it is a possibility that the Voyager A is Prodigy season 2’s hero ship which Dal and the gang are based on under Janeway’s watch now that the Protostar has gone boom.
    Or we could get something totally new. I hope that it *is* a new Enterprise though, so fingers crossed.

I like the sound of USS Unity. Could there even be a USS Legacy to make the series Star Trek: Legacy? Or the Legacy class USS Unity. What would you call a new ship for such a 25th century continuation @Tuskin38 ?

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's...not how Hollywood works. If you're struggling for cash you don't give your competitor the option to make more money that you.

HotRod, Campe and Quinton like this.
  7. Timofnine

Well, CBS will have to look for a streaming platform willing to help co-fund? Does Netflix want any Star Trek back? Paramount+ could stream it in tandem, unless they want it as a prestige hallmark exclusive all for themselves as a part of a premium service. :shrug:

8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which they do, or to make it and sell it to distributors.

They're not going to sell it to Disney to make it.

Quinton likes this.
  9. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

By the gods, NO, NO, NO to Disney touching STAR TREK.

10. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Disney are too busy cutting their own shows to start funding someone else's franchise.

11. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Now I kind of hope they do it just to prove fan "logic" wrong! I actually think it could work. We did have TNG and TOS movies running simultaneously for a bit. Of course, that's not two series. But I think ST fans will understand how you can have two different ships named Enterprise!

But I actually agree and think they won't. Perhaps a Titan series is more likely. They sure seem to be building up the ship and crew as characters.

12. Mr Awe

Not to mention that D+ is also losing money and cutting back production like all streamers.

fireproof78 likes this.
  13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Ro teared up in last nights episode. She wiped away a tear!!!!! A tear I tells ya!!!!

14. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope the petition works. Star Trek needs more successful shows. Matalas can continue the franchise in the proper future century instead if the 32nd century.

15. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Besides - they have The Orville.

16. Tuskin38

Any century is proper.

17. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Sigh. Really? Man, this is really edging on gatekeeping here. Next are you going to tell me because I also have enjoyed shows in the 22nd, 23rd and 32nd centuries that I’m not a real fan?

Honestly does it really matter what century a Trek series takes place in?

jos3s and fireproof78 like this.
  18. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the centuries that are only a couple 300 and some changes. The 32nd century is too far ahead.

19. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Why? Not like it matters. At their base you still have warp drive, transporters, phasers and torpedoes? The name might be different, but it’s really still the same thing. A century when it comes to Trek is really just a number.

(The spore drive, even at the end of Disco season 4, is a one-off.)

Richard S. Ta and fireproof78 like this.
  20. Mr Awe

My preference would also be that they develop the 25th century. While they can tell good stories in any timeframe, it would be nice to pick one and develop it rather than bopping around. YMMV as always.

Pubert likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.