The Sci-Fi Channel

Data Holmes

Admiral
Admiral
Does anyone miss the old Sci-Fi Channel? I wish we could get a streaming service like this today.
IMG_4856.jpeg

I wish someone would create a Sci-Fi AND NOT FANTASY Channel. I like fantasy fine, but at this point the world is full of (say) demon-hunting shows, and severely lacking in shows which — like Scooby-Doo, of all things — have the courage to tell their audiences that there are no demons.

I wish someone would create a Sci-Fi AND NOT FANTASY Channel. I like fantasy fine, but at this point the world is full of (say) demon-hunting shows, and severely lacking in shows which — like Scooby-Doo, of all things — have the courage to tell their audiences that there are no demons.
Agreed.

Ah, the good 'ol days of The Sci-Fi Series Collection, where a number of short-lived series were given a new lease, so one could see Kolchack: The Night Stalker, The Immortal, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Magician, Hammer House of Horror, The Invisible Man, Planet of the Apes and more. That was a fun programming block.

Last edited:
I don't think I've watched Syfy (as it's now branded) since its premature cancellation of the unexpectedly wonderful Krypton series.

I think the last time I saw it was on a trip to the US back in 2019 in October. They were showing "The Banana Splits Movie" where they turned a kids show into a gory "Five Nights at Freddys'" knock off.

I just find it amusing the Canadian Space Channel (Or CTV Space now) has stayed closer to its roots.

That's because demons are just aliens. ;)

There are a few science fiction Roku apps but they are extremely anemic and tend to have an extremely low selection of extremely old b&w 1930s movie serials in limited quantities.

I miss the FTL newsfeeds SciFi would play during Commercial breaks.

I wish someone would create a Sci-Fi AND NOT Fantasy...

A combined science fiction, fantasy, and horror app or channel would at least have enough programming to make it viable and attract a sufficient size audience.

I watched the UK version of The Sci-Fi channel. A lesser version of what you guys had across the ocean. It was filled with repeats and yet I loved it and it's rare instances of original programming such as 'Saiko Exciting'.

Yeah, I really miss when they had original shows like the Stargates, Farscape, BSG, Eureka, Warehouse 13.
The only one of their current series I've watched are Resident Alien and one or two episodes of SurReal Estate

Back