The Revolution pilot is online now...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Reminds me of how Voyager was clean and prestine each episode LOL

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Let's not start THAT again!:rommie:

3. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's obvious the loss of power is caused by a low level deunetic (spelling) field. I paid attention when Chief O'Brien talked!

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Well, Gil Scott-Heron was wrong. The revolution has been televised.

5. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

That's what network executives seem to think, anyway. Or when was the last time you saw people with anything less than flawless skin, hair, and teeth on a network show?

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I didn't think it was very good and found the insurance adjuster the most interesting one of the bunch.

7. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

This show has a lot of potential for Steampunk technology to be used in the post electricity world.

8. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know I also thought it was strange the lead girl was walking around in hip-hugger jeans, but then I thought about it. Let's say 95% of the population of the US died.

There's got to be millions of brand new designer clothes made pre-blackout just sitting in warehouses and department stores across the country. It could very well have become a type of business for some scavagers to find the depots, gather the goods and then take them out by carriages to outposts in order to sell their wares.

9. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I caught the re-airing of the pilot tonight on NBC. I gotta say i really enjoyed it and will be back next week.

10. Talosian

Talosian Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The pilot was breathtakingly dumb.

I modestly enjoyed it, however. It was a somewhat diverting way to spend an hour. And I always have a weakness for science fiction, dystopian literature, and fantasy.

If the show succeeds, it may do so on the basis of the young adult, Twilight-oriented demographic. But, I doubt it will succeed, because that demo is female led, and young girls are so herd-oriented that they require an initial mass to tell them what to like. That's a tall order for a network television drama.

For the middle aged men - note how jacked the mysterious love interest for Charlie, "Nate" is. For that matter, look at Charlie's brother - he's almost bursting from his henley. As recently as the 90's, an ideal young girl was Charlie like, but an ideal young man was not a ripped muscle-man.

This is a new phenomenon. Young women in 2012 are becoming almost as superficial as young men and demand well built young men. This is why guys in their teens, twenties, and thirties now have to pray before the gym gods to have a chance with young women.

11. sojourner

^what's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only ganders and pigs are allowed to say that.

13. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i basically enjoyed the show for what it was, light escapism for an hour. But i was entertained.

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally got around to watching this, and ugh. It started really well, and there's a pretty cool idea behind it.... but the writing was so painfully generic and hackneyed that after about 30 minutes I just couldn't take it anymore.

What with the cartoonishly evil villain, the pretty model types who looked like they just stepped out of a fashion shoot, and the overly romanticized setting, I just didn't believe a SECOND of it.

I mean, seriously. Is there a requirement that all NBC dramas be written this way now? Flashforward might not have lived up to it's potential, but at least it tried to take it's premise seriously and didn't feel like it was written for the Disney Channel.

15. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Even the Walking Dead characters are only tv dirty, not dirty dirty. It's obvious with the women, their clothes are slightly dirty, their faces and hair? Not so much, I haven't seen a mop of greasy, sweaty hair on any female so far and they still seem to find the time to shave their body hair off. Don't expect to see a naturally hairy female leg or armpit, not even during the zombie apocalypse.

16. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I think that the Lost cast was pretty sweaty and messy early on before they found all of the Dharma supplies.

17. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just because there is no electriciy doesn't mean everyone is walking around in filthy rags. They built a basic society and economy and they have the skills. Google some pictures of Amish communities.

18. sojourner

Hehe, that would actually be interesting to see the Amish reaction to the change. They probably laughed there asses off right up until the point all the millions of starving people from the cities over ran their farms.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gotta feel sorry for the Amish kids who'd been waiting for rumspringa.

On one side, the English had fallen, on the other, because the English had fallen, these kids can go out to rape kill and pillage like it was 1666.

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, Flash Forward... seen the pilot recently, a fantastic premise and good characters, and good storytelling (except for the usual stupid "I won't tell you what I know just to make things more complicated" shit, I fucking hate that), and I was excited, but then I read it was cancelled without getting resolved properly. Too bad.