The Pre-Afterlife Blues

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Obiwanshinobi, May 26, 2010.

1. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Alright copy and pasted

I've asked this before over in the review thread but nobody answered, so let me get this straight, if you die in this collectively made construct of a waiting room to the after life, like Keamy, Patchy and the other henchmen did, where do they even go? Or were they actually them and/or even there in the first place or just figments from the memories of our main characters. Not just them, but everybody else in that world. Like was this essentially a holodeck program for our Losties?

Or does this metaphysical plain of conciousness filled with everybody who dies in the real world and lives in this world until they are enlightened or awakened and led to move on?

How can we further explain this world they've created.

Care to speculate?

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just realized my thread might be kind of spoilery so feel free to change it. sorry!

3. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think they were real, but were just part of the group construct. Don't ask me how Sayid and Jin could pick the same guy for the part. I suppose the construct is based on common experience.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

When the last of the bunch died, the souls of all of them instinctively created a group reality that expressed something about their roles in life. Sayid and Jin were friends and died at almost the same time, which would explain why their experiences intersect, maybe also why their experiences were violent (and why Sun was injured in the stomach). I figure it's dream logic.

Patchy, Mr. Friendly and the rest weren't invited to the party or else they didn't invite themselves.

5. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

They all end up in a bar with Doctor Sam Beckett; and God is the bartender (but calls himself Al). ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)