The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Tara

Tara Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In my family, it was my mum who had been a TOS fan in the 1960s.

(Tho both my mum and dad watched The Prisoner and my dad grew up reading Dan Dare, so I think prolly I get my geek gene equally from both of them in the end.)

2. fishingforships

fishingforships Lieutenant Red Shirt

Way out in the Delta Quad, you know Missouri
    I'm here to stay, thanks for the warm welcome from you all, I might be only 24 but my first memory is of the Enterprise hanging above my bed, Kirk and Picard on TV, and getting Luke Skywalker confused with Tommy Shaw. Born and bred for trek. My passion is the ships, I want to know everything about them, and collect diagrams and pics of every one I can find. I recently got into computers so I haven't had the chance to get on these forums before so this is a new exciting experience for me. It's great to find so many like minded people out there with a love for Trek.

3. Amy

Amy Ensign Red Shirt

Hello all!

Although I've only just registered on here I've been a fan of star trek since I can remember - dad used to watch the re-runs of the original series then TNG. When I was 16 I used to play star trek role playing games on compuserve! Wow that was a while ago! I'm now nearly 30!

I'm female and a physicist. My first degree was physics and space technology which I studied due to my obsession with star trek at the time.

Watching the new film re-energised my love (although I've never stopped watching voyager), hence I'm on here!

:)

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the fun! :)

5. Dragonfare

Dragonfare Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yet another newbie here! A really raw cadet - I just signed up a few hours ago.

In 1966, I was a teen and living in Germany, where my dad was stationed. A voracious reader, I picked up a book by James Blish, a novelization of a new series that I'd heard a little about. That series was Star Trek, and I read that book so many times, it fell apart and I had to buy a new one. I couldn't wait to get back Stateside and SEE it! I got back in 1969, just in time to catch the last two episodes. :weep:

Of course, thanks to syndication, I have now seen all the episodes a dozen or more times. I am still a huge TOS fan. I never really got into any of the other versions. There was just something about the triumvirate of Kirk, Spock and McCoy that I loved then and still love today.

As I believe you said you wanted us to mention, I was brought to this forum by the new movie, which I loved. (Seen it 7 times so far.) I hope they continue to develop the K/S/M bond in future movies of the reboot.

I have to admit that the size and speed of this forum is a bit mind-boggling! But I'm glad I found my way here. Y'all seem like an interesting bunch of people!

6. Ibex

Ibex Ensign Newbie

Hello!
    Been a Star Trek fan since I was a little girl and the movie resurged that interest. I'm mostly a TNG and DS9 fan, but the new movie helped me look past the cheesier elements of the original series and see the camaraderie.

Especially between K/S/Mc, the awesome trio.

7. adolph3560

adolph3560 Guest

no spam here

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
  8. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

welcome aboard I hope you like being with fellow Trek fans

9. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Udat likes the idea of been new and shiny! However I`ve been a member for yonks. I loved the new ST Movie, can`t wait for the next one.

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Heya, Udat. Long time, no see.

11. beth9133

beth9133 Lieutenant Red Shirt

summertime and the livin' is easy! Bring on the v
    Greetings! I just joined but sorta lurked around for a while, enjoying the posts from many of you (often rofl). I am really not a trekker, more of a Star Wars fan, but would never give ST a bad rep! My hubby is more of the ST connoisseur, often times citing what episode is on by only watching the first few moments of the episode (TOS, DS9, TNG, and TE). I grew to enjoy TNG more than any others, and hubby enjoyed TE and was sad to see it go! Anyways, I am a huge CP fan and look forward to watching his career explode (wait, it already has!) with his ST movies and others as well! MTFBWY and LL&P! :)

12. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

Belted welcome! :) Always nice to have someone who likes both ST/SW. Your husband sounds like my dad with regards to TOS episodes. I too tend to prefer TNG over the others.
    Again, welcome aboard! (May The Robau Be With You)

13. startrekrcks

I think Chris Pine's Career is going to explode in the coming years he will love it

14. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Hi my name is matt i,m 33 from the uk been a fan since i was 11 love trek, and trekbbs

The new movie is fantastic it was the 1st movie i watched at a imax and will never forget it bloody jaw dropping. Never had a such amazing movie experience :eek:

Can,t wait for the next one !!!! LLAP NS

15. startrekrcks

at last a fellow NuTrek fan welcome I hope you like it here.

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Next one will make half a bill..no problem!

17. Roberta Lincoln

Roberta Lincoln Commander Red Shirt

Hi, I have been on board for less than 2 weeks and am still finding my way around the board.

I love TOS and yes, TAS too. Mr Spock has always been my favorite.

I didn't think I would like the nu-movie but, once I saw it I was hooked all over again!

18. TrueBlueMug

TrueBlueMug Ensign Red Shirt

Hello, I'm new here, joined after watching OS marathon. Thought to enlist with some fellow trekkies. :)

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been on this board for about 3-4 days now. I likes it. Long time fan of Trek and loved "Star Trek" (2009).