The next two DC DTV animated movies revealed?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I think there's a strong chance of The Long Halloween eventually making the lineup.

I'd love for one of the animated movies to be based on Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis' Justice League International, but chances of that are probably just about zero.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

or maybe "Justice League:Another Nail"

3. Supervisor 194

Supervisor 194 Captain Captain

I'd love to see Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes" adapted as a DTV movie--the story, while in and of itself a great Superman story, is also a terrific primer on the Legion. Franks visuals--especially of the 31st Century--would be nice to see in animated form.

4. ElScoob

ElScoob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Green Lantern! Awesome! Something drawing heavily from Geoff Johns' stuff would be great... And I wouldn't mind Public Enemies, either.

As for a wish list, I agree--Long Halloween would kick ass. In a perfect world, I'd love to see something Legion-oriented, too... The Great Darkness Saga tops the list, and I think that Johns' Superman and the Legion Of Super-Heroes arc would be pretty good fodder for a feature-length animated project, as well.

I'd also love to see something Flash-oriented, especially if they could get Michael Rosenbaum back as Wally West. Maybe Mark Waid's Return Of Barry Allen arc? You could even get Neil Patrick Harris to reprise 'Barry'. I think it could work as a self-contained piece. Just add a little prologue depicting a nice Silver-Agey Flash/Kid Flash tale, something akin to the old Filmation Flash segments, to set the scene and establish the relationship... then flash forward (heh) to Wally having stepped into Barry's boots. A voice-over narration in the classic 'My name is Wally West and I'm the fastest man alive' vein (and I tell you, I was so disappointed that we never got Rosenbaum doing that type of narration in Justice League/JLU, so I'd love to hear him say that line for once) could finish up the necessary exposition by explaining that Barry died heroically and Wally took the Flash mantle in honor of Barry's sacrifice... maybe allude to Wally's rough settling-in period and his fear of 'replacing' Barry... and go from there.

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

A Flash movie and an LSH movie are high on my wish list, too. The Flash has been mentioned as one of the projects they're looking at. If the program continues (as looks likely) then I'm sure we'll get a Flash movie eventually.

6. Samurai8472

One of my first comics was from Kmart of all places. It was Flash:terminal Velocity

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Oh, and a period piece Justice Society film set in the early 1940s would be awesome, too.

8. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Mine?

Superman: Red Son
    All-Star Superman
    Uncle Sam
    Justice League: Worlds Collide
    Batman: The Killing Joke
    The Question: Poisoned Ground
    Shazam: The Monster Society of Evil
    Justice League: The Nail
    Justice League: Another Nail
    Green Arrow: Quiver
    Green Arrow: The Archer's Quest

9. Ben Sisko3

How about doing "The Nail" first?

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

11. Avilos

Avilos Guest

Still its a great idea. I would also like to see a Booster Gold movie....also unlikely. Along with an adaption of the Time Masters miniseries which showed Vandal Savage's origins.

12. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They started a movie with Superman and Lois dating, so why not start another one with Lex as President. The viewer picks up the facts, accepts that something happened before the movie to get the characters to that point and then enjoys the show.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I have to admit I don't see them making this film. Some parents might bypass it if they learned about Batgirl's fate in it. Remember too that WB had a fit over blood in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

14. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These movies are targeted at an older audience. Bruce Timm discussed how they made sure to keep the violence in place for Doomsday and showed blood.

15. Samurai8472

In the past WB let BTNA drop batgirl from a building and show her crashing down(Off balance)

16. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

They seem to have a lot of latitude for adult material in this PG-13 line. Just look at the Toyman storyline in Superman: Doomsday.

17. Ben Sisko3

There is truth in what you say, but one must remember that Return of the Joker was also censored due to Joe Lieberman's ridiculous children's entertainment witch-hunt. Still, though, it'd make a great "over 18" animated flick.

18. Samurai8472

I'd also like to add to the list "Crisis on Infinite earths"

19. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to add JLA: The Tower Of Babel

20. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would prefer they went in a different direction than anything adapted from Superman/Batman. Considering the potential it has, this book never fails to disappoint. I wouldn't mind seeing something done with the Green Lantern Corp.