The music of "Into Darkness"

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Therin of Andor, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Is this news?

There was a song playing over the Aussie red carpet big-screen relay, and the words "into darkness" were in the chorus. I went looking for info and found this:

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/...ribute-to-star-trek-into-darkness-soundtrack/

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Songs with lyrics in a Trek film? This is bizarro world. I can't wait to hear it!

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to it. Sounds interesting. :bolian:

4. Therin of Andor

There is a song by Hiroshima on the ST V soundtrack, "The Moon's a Window to Heaven".

5. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

That was the one playing while Uhura was dancing? I assume there was an in-universe explanation for that (she had her iPod version 700 playing at full volume or something to accompany the dance), as there was for Ooby Dooby and Magic Carpet Ride in First Contact.

Were the lyrics audible during this film and, if so, was there an in-universe reason for it?

6. Therin of Andor

The song I most remember, that had lyrics containing "... into darkness", was being played as a kind of overture, ie. while the big screen showed JJ and the cast arriving on the red carpet outside.

I think the background song (written by Aussies) being referred to in the quoted blog as "a pivotal scene with iconic Star Trek character Scotty" was when he and Keenser are in a bar. I'm afraid I was concentrating on Scotty at the time.

7. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It might not have been in the soundtrack but we did have the Beastie Boys song with lyrics in Star Trek.

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Might be for the credits, like the LOTR films. I'd be okay with that.

9. Therin of Andor

No, the closing credits sounded pretty much like the closing credits of the last movie.

I think, from the blog entry, that each of the six countries will have its own overture sequence, and then the six songs will be on the album?

10. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Hey um, out of curiosity, how much of the TOS theme or any other past songs do we hear this time around?

11. Talosian

Talosian Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm also curious if the title screen and intro for the film has the same theme as the first movie. Come on Aussie's, chime in here with soundtrack spoilers.

12. Therin of Andor

It's a bit like asking if the music of ST III is the same as ST II. Same composer, same themes, are picked up, with tweaks. There was so much to take in, and the opening title kinda sneaks up on you. Closing credit music seemed identical to 2009, at least for the main production credits.

I think.