The Muppets (2011)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Kai "the spy", May 20, 2011.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. Well, except for, ummm....Chris Wallace (three Emmy Awards, the Dupont-Columbia Silver Baton Award, and a Peabody Award), ...and Britt Hume (23 years at ABC where he served as Chief White House Correspondent, winner of the 2003 Sol Taishoff Award for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism from the National Press Foundation, and a 1991 Emmy Award for his coverage of the Gulf War)...and Morton Kondracke (executive editor and senior editor of The New Republic, Washington bureau chief of Newsweekregular panelist on "This Week with David Brinkley," a columnist for The Wall Street Journal, received the Washington Post "Crystal Ball Award" in 1994)...and Mara Liasson (a national political correspondent for National Public Radio, received numerous awards and honors for her reporting, including the White House Correspondents' Association Merriman Smith Award ifor excellence in daily news reporting)...and Juan Williams (Emmy Award, Time Magazine's Best National Book) ...and.... well, you SHOULD get the idea.

But you probably won't.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^If they have legitimate journalistic credentials, that just makes it even more shameful what they've sunk to.

Also, maybe you should look up "joke" in your dictionary.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

This is funny for many, many, many different reasons.

4. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, let's gain up on a fella for no particular reason.

5. Broccoli

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

No one is ganging up on Christopher, Sci. Broc merely made a comment. Sigh.

7. Broccoli

Is that what that was in reference to? From what I've noticed in the past, Christopher rarely makes jokes, so when he does drop one, it is amusing and encouraging to see.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing that was what Sci meant...it's hard to tell sometimes.

9. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've never read any of your books but from that "joke" I'm guessing none of them are in the humor genre.

10. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Don't be mean in the Muppet thread.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Pssst...Kermit's not real.

12. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

!!!!!

???

!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT?!

13. Broccoli

Next you are gonna say Santa isn't real.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Only liars say that.

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Muppets and Santa are in cahoots. Santa's been pushing the Soviet agenda, and with the amount of red he wears, I'd believe it.

And yes, Fox News did confirm that tidbit for us, so we can rest assured that it's also true.

16. Broccoli

This alone made me giggle.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

:rommie:

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I had a good laugh when I saw that the other week. I read the BBC predictions sometimes and they were the last guest panelists I would have expected on there! :lol:

I'm behind just about everyone else in the world now, but I finally dragged the boyfriend out to the cinema to watch this today. I've been waiting for this film to come out ever since I heard it announced, and especially since I heard Bret McKenzie was heading up the music.

He never grew up with them like I did, but enjoyed the film enough. I found myself, though, that the special magic was back, and I was in tears twice throughout! I heard it was heartwarming in places, but I never thought I'd go and well up as much as I did. :( :lol:

What started me off was seeing the iconic Muppet Show intro on the big screen, all new and jazzed up. Seeing them all singing and dancing like the old days really got me smiling through my tears. And then, as if that hadn't finished me off, Rainbow Connection started off. :( :( :(

I just about died! It was about the most perfect moment in the film, and I was so glad I went to see it just for that. Kermit sings, then Piggy joins in, and then everyone... :o

Then in my fragile emotional state, I found myself very invested in the conclusion of the film! :D

I enjoyed it so much - the humour, the music, the energy, the colour... I know it's not Citizen Kane or anything but it's just a long time since I've been to the cinema and felt so giddy when I came out. It's the perfect tonic to the disappointing Muppets films we've had for a few years now.

I hope this zany energy is carried on into new Muppet films. And I hope that the film is successful enough to kick Disney into shape regarding seasons four and five of the DVDs. ;)