The Most Disliked Episode of ENTERPRISE - Season 2...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Farscape One, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember feeling neutral in response to "The Breach", in contrast to the negative associations the rest of these have.

A NIGHT IN SICKBAY
    MARAUDERS
    THE COMMUNICATOR
    VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO
    DAWN
    CANAMAR
    HORIZON
    BOUNTY

2. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Hard to salvage much in the remaining list. I'll save "THE COMMUNICATOR", for its clear homage to the ending of "A PIECE OF THE ACTION".

A NIGHT IN SICKBAY
    MARAUDERS
    VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO
    DAWN
    CANAMAR
    HORIZON
    BOUNTY

3. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

Horizon, since you pretty much have to take what you can get when it comes to any backstory or character development for Mayweather.

A NIGHT IN SICKBAY
    MARAUDERS
    VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO
    DAWN
    CANAMAR
    BOUNTY

4. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I'll save Canamar. It's pretty dull, with a few redeeming moments. It just about stands out amongst what's left.

A NIGHT IN SICKBAY
    MARAUDERS
    VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO
    DAWN
    BOUNTY

5. sekundant

sekundant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ohhh, I know MARAUDERS is very uninspired, very dull remarke of Seven Samurai, but T'Pol's white jumpsuit is one of the unforgettable details of second season.

A NIGHT IN SICKBAY
    VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO
    DAWN
    BOUNTY

6. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

Dawn, because... it’s not quite as horribly flawed as the other four are. Yeah, I got nothing else.

A NIGHT IN SICKBAY
    VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO
    BOUNTY

7. Sakonna

I suppose the Archer plot in "Bounty" has a handful of brief, fleeting moments that almost rise to the level of passable television.

A NIGHT IN SICKBAY
    VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO

8. Farscape One

This is a terrible trio of episodes remaining. I vote for "A NIGHT IN SICKBAY" solely because I like dogs and the other two episodes are so bad, I refuse to save either.

VANISHING POINT
    PRECIOUS CARGO

9. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

Vanishing Point is let down by its ending. Precious Cargo is let down by the fact that they didn’t burn the script after reading the first draft.

PRECIOUS CARGO Is the “winner.”

10. Farscape One

The 'winner' of season 2 is "PRECIOUS CARGO". (I don't think anyone is really surprised by that.)

Thank you all for voting. Season 3 will start soon.

Side note, and this is just my opinion... I have to say, despite how much I do love each STAR TREK series for different reasons, season 2 of ENTERPRISE is at the bottom of the franchise. I used to feel season 3 of STAR TREK was the worst, but after rewatching every episode of the franchise recently, my feeling has changed. And I figured out the problem. Season 3 of TOS had some terrible episodes, but they did make some very memorable ones. And even some of the bad ones have some unique concepts behind them. They tried... you never really knew what you would get. It wasn't boring.

Season 2 of ENTERPRISE did the worst thing it could possibly have done... be boring. So much of the season was just boring, it really felt like a mission to go through some episodes. I still love the show, and there were a few gems this season, but this season really did not deliver, overall. They definitely made up for it in seasons 3 and 4, and I am very happy they got the chance. I think the only thing worse than STAR TREK leaving the tv scene with the ENTERPRISE finale was if this was the final season.

11. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

Season 2’s a weird one for me. It actually has more episodes that I genuinely like than the first season did, but the bad episodes are so much worse than anything in that season.

12. Sakonna

Enterprise Season 2 is definitely my Trek lowpoint. There's no life to it. "Vanishing Point" is like the whole season in microcosm... we're taken on a full tour of established Trek tropes as possible explanations for what's going on, then they just shrug out of it with "it was just some hallucination." Nearly every episode is a phoned-in copy of something we've already seen.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  13. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

I remember Mike Sussman complaining that B&B had rewritten one of his scripts into a blatant carbon copy of something from one of the older shows, and when he confronted them about it, they basically just shrugged and said that it was a new series and a prequel, therefore it was different enough.

14. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Very much on board with that outcome. I rewatched Enterprise recently and Precious Cargo was appallingly bad.

I didn't mind most of the season, but the trio of Singularity, Vanishing Point and Precious Cargo nearly killed it for me.