The MOST Disliked Episode of DS9 - Season One...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Farscape One, Feb 9, 2018.

1. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When I was young, I couldn't really tell the difference between good acting and bad acting. But even then I knew that whatever Siddig was doing in The Passenger wasn't anything to praise, to say the least.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I just re-watched The Passenger a few weeks ago as well, and I just noticed that Bashir gets revealed pretty early in the episode. It's just as Quark is thrown against the wall. It looks like Siddig wasn't fast enough to get out of the way of the camera move, or he did the move a little differently than what the practiced, so for a second or two you actually see Siddig's unmasked face.

3. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ain't that the truth! He did much better when he got possessed again 9 episodes later. I wonder what sort of coursework there is at Starfleet Academy to prepare cadets for the certainty of getting possessed by aliens on the job...

I like "Babel" as a runner-up. I loved that one as a kid! But eeesh, it does not hold up today, so many things wrong with it. Also, they really flailed around with how to use Bajor this season, and this is one of the most ridiculous and discordant examples. The aphasia virus as resistance tactic doesn't connect to anything else we see of the Bajoran/Cardassian conflict.

4. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anything that makes me smile or laugh is a good thing.

Bad acting makes me laugh, therefore:

Bad acting is a good thing.

5. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

"THE PASSENGER" is the 'winner' of season one.

(A side note... for me, one of the few saving graces of "BABEL" is watching Sisko with Jake. You can see the genuine affection and love he has for his son.)

Thank you all for voting. I will post season two shortly.