Spoilers The Mandalorian season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Turtletrekker, Oct 30, 2020.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

After this we’re on the verge of a full on canon revolt by the fans.

Did Mark Hamill appear and get the Irishman de aging treatment?

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

No - body double (Max Lloyd Jones) and CGI.

JirinPanthosa likes this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Did he look a little younger than in ROTJ to you guys?

4. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I've loved the original Star Wars since I saw the film in 1977 (I was 14). Over the years I've become more of a casual Star Wars fan (and returned more to being a bigger Star Trek fan); but after seeing this episode and the whole "The Mandalorian" series to date --

I really wish they'd just wipe the last 3 main Star Wars sequel films from existence, because THIS is how Luke Skywalker should have been treated. The whole nostalgia trip in "The Force Awakens" was (to me) disappointing and I thought TLJ was worse than any of the original prequels and Return of the Jedi. And yes, JJ Abrams tried to course correct in "The Rise of Skywalker" but for me it was still not enough and too late. (and I have nothing against the character of Rei at all -- but the last 3 films overall were terribly written and they SHOULD have come up with a real cohesive story to have been told across all 3 - but they didn't, it showed, and they were all disappointing.)

Now I'm sure there are Star Wars fans who tell me to go s*rew myself, and that's fine; but yeah, with what they are doing here, it's the last 3 major films they should shunt into another continuity; and let the shows they are doing now tell the Skywalker (and other major characters from the OT) post RoTJ stories..
    ^^^
    I know that's not going to happen; but if it did, I'd not only be okay with it I'd be cheering - like I was when I saw the green lightsaber come out and knew it had to be Luke Skywalker who should up...AS IT SHOULD BE! :)

So, congrats to John Favreau and Co. for having the balls to just do it -- and to Disney for not shooting this part of the last episode down (like they could have).

I also LOVED the reveal of the Boba Fett series at the end of the credits; and up until his appearance here in "The Mandalorian"; I never really cared one way or another about the character. However, over these last 3 episodes, (with the limited screen time they had for him) - they made me interested in the character and what happens to him.

ETA:
    What sequel trilogy? ;)

(Sorry couldn't resist). :D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    ITDUDE and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

So is that pretty Imperial officer dead? You'd think they would show her being killed.

6. Ar-Pharazon

She might have hidden in one of the consoles, or the closet. She'll be the one to try and rescue Da Moff.

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Or become Moff Pretty Officer

Gordie and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  8. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking as a sequel trilogy fan I would absolutely be OK with it too. Largely because canon status means jacksh*t to my personal enjoyment. If people would be happier with a redone ST then more power to them. I'm sick to freaking death of the constant in fighting over canon and the ST.
    Like it will matter much. Saw the same arguments with the PT.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean, Luke was identified as "the last Jedi" a few times in the Sequel Trilogy, and indeed that term is even the title of one of the movies. Kind of makes it clear whether or nor there are any other Jedi out there.
    I'm hoping for a scene in the next season where Din pulls out the ball and looks at it longingly for a few seconds before putting it back. Leave the helmet on for the scene so that any emotional reaction from him will only be implied.
    Meh, even Legends continuity had Bib surviving the barge. Not as long as he apparently survived here, but he still survived.

Booji, 137th Gebirg and Saul like this.
  10. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Wonder if they'll ever do a flash forward with either Ben fighting Grogu pre TFA or Grogu meeting Rey after TROS.

I agree. The Mandalorian is giving me everything that Discovery and Picard aren't giving me. You set a show in a near pre-TOS era time and another in a post TNG era with a fan favorite character like Picard and do stuff that has little relation to the setting or the character we once knew. It's frustrating.

Tyr likes this.
  11. Ar-Pharazon

I was expecting him to hold out the metal ball so Grogu could force it into his hand one more time

Set Harth likes this.
  12. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was BABS, his twin sister (who still looks EXACTLY like him.) :whistle:;)

13. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's funny to be because people have no problem with Boba surviving in the gullet of a monster but Bib determining that his boss' days were numbered and hightailing it is implausible? :wtf:
    If I wanted the exact same character i would rewatch TNG/TOS or the OT. I want something new.

14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I have no idea where the show goes next, but I could totally see Mando getting a new ship and slowly, poignantly replacing one of the knobs with his original one.

15. thribs

The ending to this really should have been how TFA ended. With Luke coming in and kicking ass.

Saul and Noname Given like this.
  16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I love that idea!

"Wish you were here, Kid."

17. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    A little. But for the most part I could buy he was Luke in his late twenties. Luke would be 28 or 29 at this point in The Mandalorian.

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Din should have just uncuffed Gideon, handed him the darksaber and told him and Bo Katan to have at it.

19. thribs

We live in a world where Sasha Banks has done a DDT on Boba Fett. :)

20. Ar-Pharazon

Maybe just a product of the deepfake, smoother looking skin? Mark did that face-into-the-guardrail thing between ANH and ESB, so didn't look that good in ROTJ.