The Least Disliked Maquis Episode

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Sakonna, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I'm sad Worst Case Scenario was taken out so early but I like the winner, I have a signed shooting script of that one, one of my proudest possessions.

2. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

It's such a good episode. I always imagine what Ro could have brought to the table in a TNG film or on DS9. It's a shame she never came back.

The Maquis is a great two-parter as well. I think, on the whole, the writers were on a run in their execution of the group over the three series . They did them proud on DS9, and it's a shame they dropped the ball with VOY.

3. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Truly one of the great Trek ironies, that the Maquis were forced into TNG and DS9 for the purposes of setting up VOY... for VOY to then completely and continually fumble them for seven solid years, while TNG and DS9 achieved some series high-points with their occasional Maquis dabblings.

Seven of Five likes this.
  4. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

TNG and DS9 did have the advantage of the maquis not being build into their premise though, they could show some real consequences like Ro and Cal actually abandoning starfleet and DS9 could at a later point simply not tell a maquis story if they didn't feel like they had the right idea. DS9 also heavily featured the cardassians who are obciously a huge part of the conflict.

Voyager featured maquis characters every episode but by removing the cardassians and the border conflict basically removed most of the tension between maquis and starfleet. How do you tell a maquis story when the maquis' reason for existing in the first place is removed from the equation?
    They really should have kept Seska as a cardassian crewmember on Voyager.

5. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That really is a great idea. Martha Hackett was series regular quality.

Another Voyager missed opportunity. The awesome girl-power show that could have been with a cast that simultaneously included Janeway, Torres, Seven, Kes, and Seska...