The Last of Us: Part II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    Sony & Naughty Dog just announced a sequel to their critically acclaimed PS3 smash hit game and I could not be more HYPED. The original title is easily one of the most enjoyable games I have ever played in my life and IMO had a Oscar worthy story with Oscar worthy acting to boot. I imagine it will be a Christmas 2018 release as during the reveal at the PlayStation Experience Keynote Show it was said the game is in early development.

From that trailer it seems Ellie has suffered a big loss and despite appearing at the end, I fully expect Joel to bite the bullet in the opening act. I think the Joel we saw in that trailer is all in her head and he and the town they settled in at the end of the 1st game will have been massacred by a new human threat.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    ian128K likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, great trailer.
    The first game is one of my favorite pretty much anythings, so to same I'm very happy about this would be an enormous understatement.
    A few more bits of info have come out since the trailer was released.
    Part II is set a few years after the first game, Ellie is now 19, and she'll be the main character this time around. Neil Druckman, the director said that this one will compliment the first one, and that the first game was about love, and now Part II will be about hate.

The article says that "For Naughty Dog, The Last of Us is intrinsically tied to Troy Baker's Joel and Ashley Johnson's Ellie, so the studio wanted to continue their story rather than move forward with the franchise using a different set of characters." So with that, I doubt that they'll be killing Joel. I'm wondering if his role here will be to try to keep Ellie from letting her hate for whoever these bad guys are take her to a point she can't come back from.
    Bruce Straley, the director of the original TLOU, will not be returning for Part II.
    They've also revealed that Hayley Gross, a writer for HBO's Westworld, co-wrote the script with Druckman.

3. Logopolis

Logopolis Commander Red Shirt

4. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Can't wait! I loved the first one!

5. ian128K

ian128K Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just started playing the first one about a week ago. Absolutely wonderful game! I just got to Salt Lake City.

Jax likes this.
  6. Bigjoe

Bigjoe Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Looks epic!!

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

We've had at least a couple more trailers released since the last post
    Gameplay reveal

Joel and Ellie's Journey - this one is mostly a recap of the first game, but the very end does show a tiny bit of new footage with our first bit of Joel

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

A new trailer was released during State of Play yesterday. This one gives us our first look at another returning character, and gives us a better look at the overarching story of the game.
    IGN has also posted an interview with Neil Druckman, one of the main creative people on the game.
    They also played 2 hours of the game, in two different sections.
    One point of interest I either didn't know or didn't remember is that Ellie's best friend/possible girlfriend, Dina, is played by Westworld's Shannon Woodward.