The "I'm Not Paying" Confessional Thread

In Germany it'll be on Netflix and I've got that for a while. Even upgraded to the 4K plan in Jan, since I have a new beautiful TV since then. (And am still hoping DSC will stream in 4K, but still no word on that)

If I'd live in the US, I'd definitely sign up for CBSAA, mainly for DSC, but also because I watched "The good wife" with my wife and we also really would like to see the sequel. (Does anyone know, where this will be available in Germany?)

I hope "Talking Trek " also will be on Netflix over here.

I have no plans to subscribe to CBSAA. I also have no plans to illegally download the show. What I do have plans for is to buy the DVDs when they come out right after the final episode airs. I've waited this long for new Trek on TV; I can wait a little longer.

I actually subscribed awhile back to watch The Good Fight. I'd never seen The Good Wife, I just wanted to see what an CBSAA original series would be like. It was actually a pretty good show. I've read that CBSAA is looking for projects that are kind of in between broadcast TV and premium channels, and The Good Fight really felt like that. You could have put it on FX or AMC and it would have fit right in.

I have no plans to subscribe to CBSAA. I also have no plans to illegally download the show. What I do have plans for is to buy the DVDs when they come out right after the final episode airs. I've waited this long for new Trek on TV; I can wait a little longer.
Same for me. I watch very little television as it stands. I certainly can't justify subscribing to a service for one show.

I subscribed to CBSAA just a little before DSC was announced, mainly to see shows like Elementary, as well as access to episodes of Mission: Impossible and The Twilight Zone that were not on Netflix.

Given that DSC will be there, I've made CBSAA my go-to for all Trek series and not watch those via Netflix.

It's well worth the money each month, and will happily stay subscribed.

I'm actually quite relaxed to watch it after everyone else. I'd probably have to abstain from the forums mind you.

Now it'll probably land on my lap as I'm paying for services that will probably have it. So we'll see.

This. Most shows that come to home video now usually do near the beginning of the next season.
My wife watches Once Upon A Time and we both watch Game of Thrones, and she gets frustrated because she likes to binge the previous season on DVD a little before the next one starts. Sometimes the previous season isn't out on DVD until the week before the next season starts.

And before you suggest Netflix or something, they sometimes will pull a series or not have the previous season until after the next one airs on TV. I thought I had my Downton Abbey plan in place, but Netflix would pull the series completely until after the next season started airing or already did.

And before you suggest Netflix or something, they sometimes will pull a series or not have the previous season until after the next one airs on TV. I thought I had my Downton Abbey plan in place, but Netflix would pull the series completely until after the next season started airing or already did.

That could simply be part of the licensing agreement with whomever holds the rights. That usually isn't the way Netflix operates with their shows from what I've seen.

The X-Files also seemed to disappear from Netflix for a little while before the revival season came out.

Kor

That could simply be part of the licensing agreement with whomever holds the rights. That usually isn't the way Netflix operates with their shows from what I've seen.
I agree. I depends on the series. I just know that DVD releases are more timed to around the start of the next season as opposed to just after it's aired on TV. Since my wife and I both like the physical media more anyway (making-of and other extras), the DVD releases can be frustrating.

Fuck that. It'll cost $50-70 and won't be out till before the next season. CBSAA will cost you $24 for 4 months.

Personally, I will eventually buy the blurays when the price goes down, but that's mainly for the better picture quality and sound, maybe even 4k.

RAMA

I subscribed to CBSAA just a little before DSC was announced, mainly to see shows like Elementary, as well as access to episodes of Mission: Impossible and The Twilight Zone that were not on Netflix.

Given that DSC will be there, I've made CBSAA my go-to for all Trek series and not watch those via Netflix.

It's well worth the money each month, and will happily stay subscribed.

Out of curiosity, is the original series on CBSAA the original versions or the remastered versions?

Didn't they say something like "Almost 700 episodes of Trek on CBSAA"? Shouldn't be OVER 700? Sorry, I can't find the link - I think it was Twitter.

Remastered version of TOS is on Amazon Prime.

I don't buy DVDs anymore, gave them all away except for Combat! and Secret Agent Man which aren't available for streaming. If I can stream it, I'll watch it, if not, I don't want anymore hardware to keep track of. I don't even have a DVD player for my TV anymore, that hit the dumpster a long time ago. Of course, if the internet is down, I'm sorta shit out of luck. LOL

Back