The High Republic: A more civilized age...

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Nightowl1701, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Markonian and Jedi_Master like this.
  2. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I’ll read the novels but I wish they would also continue the EU as well. Things were just getting interesting there.

Markonian likes this.
  3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmmmm. Interesting.

Not the Old Republic era people were looking at, but an age closer to what we are use to having (pre-Phantom Menace, but long after the days of Darth Bane). Thus there is at least one character from the Saga that is alive and active....Yoda. He would already be a Jedi Master, but he may not be the one in charge of the Jedi Council (though he might, he should be in his 600s or so).

No clear Sith active. But border troubles sounds nice. The Galactic Republic didn't reach into Hutt Space. There were areas of the Outer Rim that were still far from tame. And places like the Western Reaches and Wild Space are still part of the Unknown Regions.

TedShatner10, Leto_II and Jedi_Master like this.
  4. Stegoman

Stegoman Ensign Red Shirt

Sounds really interesting. Been looking forward to new era to explore in the star wars universe. Wondering if any of it will lead to any movies or Disney plus series.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

man I hope they release The High Republic on 4/20

[​IMG]

cjb, Captain Nebula, ScottJ85 and 5 others like this.
  6. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Early rumors suggested that this would go across all platforms including film and Disney+. As of right now, that does not seem to be the plan.

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah it’s just a publishing effort, that’s the official word.

8. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm fine with that really. I think that Star Wars can explore different areas of history. I was afraid that they were going to put all of their eggs in one thing with The High Republic. I'm genuinely not sure what I think about this project as a whole at this point. The video references the "something wicked this way comes" mentality of how they're going to create their baddie, and that mentality reminds me a little of The New Jedi Order which I DESPISED. But we'll see.

saddestmoon and Jedman67 like this.
  9. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Not interested in this. But may be a way to test waters with new stories and see how fans of comics and novels respond.

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The name "Nihil" make me think immediately of KotOR II's Darth Nihilus. Acolytes of the Faction Paradox Sith Lord?

Shades of Shadows of the Empire back in the day.

Leto_II likes this.
  11. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

SnoopandMartha.gif

12. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well.. They can't really battle the Sith.. ( Kind of.. maybe from the shadows) doesn't mean that there arn't jedi that went bad.. So you can still have a "Dark Jedi" but him/her/it not being a sith..
    Rather a KOTOR movie.

Markonian likes this.
  13. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

As for the OP - bring it on. I am ready for some new SW stuff far removed from the "Skywalker Saga"

14. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jedi_Master likes this.
  15. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Crossposting this:

16. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The show makes me think it will be like "Justice League:Unlimited" with a larger roster or Jedi/Heroes to do stories on.

17. fireproof78

I see the challenges of such an approach. Personally, I am ecstatic. I have been finding Young Adult style for my girls, while my wife is consuming SW fiction. Them being able to share it hits me at an odd time in my life that is strangely appropriate.

Markonian likes this.
  18. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, they're going to make books...that can actually do things and have consequences, because they aren't effecting/effected by the movies directly? Holy shit, is almost like they want to try to put out decent SW books again :lol:

Then again, I bet there will be maybe one real SW book, then a bunch of YA and kid shit, so as a story initiative its probably mostly for toddlers like 99% of the non-film/TV new canon is, which sucks. But hey, even potentially having one real SW novel that can actually have stakes is good news, and maybe we'll get a comic or two out of it, and Marvel's been doing ok with the comics (since they get to make real comics and not kiddie junk like the books are mostly forced to be).

19. fireproof78

Darn those kids and their books! :rolleyes:

20. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral