~ The Healing Device ~

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by propaganda, Jun 10, 2007.

1. propaganda

propaganda Ensign Newbie

What is the name of the episode where captain Kirk and Bones are standing over a wounded man lying down and Kirk ask Bones if he is going to be alright. Then Bones replied, yes he just needs some rest.

I am wondering if anybody can remember the name of the episode. Been looking for awhile but cant find......seeking help.

Thanks

2. propaganda

propaganda Ensign Newbie

Sorry for being a complete moron, it was late when I posted this.

Bones had a healing device in his hand. The device had a spinning ball at the end. Bones would use this device to heal peoples wounds. I am not familiar with the Original Series, but I assume he used it more than once, ergo its in more than one episode.

I am looking for the episode with this part because someone I know wants to upload this to his website.

Any info would be much much appreciated.

Thanks

3. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Welcome to the board propaganda. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

I can't think of the episode that you're thinking of off the top of my head but you've come to the right place. Someone here will know.
    One last thing, intellectual property is an important topic for this board. Discussion of trading, uploading or downloading of copyrighted material is generally frowned upon. Check out the Board Rules when you have some time. Being familiar with them can help avoid misunderstandings in the future.

4. propaganda

propaganda Ensign Newbie

Oh yes I will check that out. I dont think anything illegal will take place. I am sure it will be in alignment with current copyright laws.

5. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe you are mistaken.

6. Hambone

Hambone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The handheld silver cylinder with the spinnygig inside it was a medical scanner. It didn't heal anything. He used it in many episodes but only as a diagnostic tool.

7. propaganda

propaganda Ensign Newbie

If I am mistaken then could you be a little more specific as to why?

Again it may not even be in the original series.

8. propaganda

propaganda Ensign Newbie

Cool. Can you give me the name to one of those episodes?

9. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

McCoy does quite a lot of medical work on Kirk in the episode "A Private Little War." You might find an image of the device there.

10. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. propaganda

propaganda Ensign Newbie

Yea dude thats awesome. Now if I can only get that from an episode.

I didnt find A Private Little War on google other than a little intro clip 1 minute long. Ill keep looking.

Thanks guys.

12. propaganda

propaganda Ensign Newbie

I thought you guys were experts in this field of knowledge?
    Where is that guy that knows everything about Trek?

13. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Know what, Sparky? That analytic device McCoy uses is in damn near every episode. Watch a few and you might learn something. Like the fact that it's not a "healer."