• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

The End of Oak Street | Anne Hathaway, Ewan McGregor (August 14, 2026)

Aragorn

Fleet Admiral
Admiral
attachment-oakst-insta-vert-tsr-1638x2048-dom.webp


To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After a mysterious cosmic event rips Oak Street from suburbia and transports their neighborhood to someplace unknown, the Platt family soon discovers that their very survival depends on them sticking together as they navigate their now unrecognizable surroundings.
 
I don't know if we really need to spoiler codes since they show one of them in the trailer. This does look intriguing, and with JJ Abrams, Anne Hathaway, and Ewan McGregor involved it's got a pretty good team behind. I've never seen It Follows, but I think I remember hearing good things so it's possibly got a good director behind it too.
 
The concept of a mundane location inexplicably transported someplace … else immediately reminded me of the manga The Drifting Classroom. The “someplace else” seems less imaginative and interesting here, however.

At least it has Anne Hathaway.
 
Obligatory "Is this Cloverfield?" comment.

(No. Cloverfield, much as I enjoy two out of three of those, was only ever a branding effort, so if the branding isn't on it, no.)
 
I have to admit, this is looking like it could be better than the last few Jurassic movies have been.
 
Gotta say, that new trailer looks great. I’ve watched it probably half a dozen times at this point. Supergirl may not be the only movie I catch in the theater this summer.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top