The Dark Knight - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 8, 2008.

?

Grade the movie...

1. Excellent

79.4%
  2. Above Average

13.5%
  3. Average

5.0%
  4. Below Average

0.6%
  5. Poor

1.5%
  1. Roberto

Roberto Lieutenant Red Shirt

I finally got around to watching this flick on DVD and since I'm not a Batman fan at all I was in no hurry to watch it. I thought the movie was above average at best.
    When Batman was talking his voice made me think of Clint Eastwood. Heath Ledger was terrific as the Joker but the movie was too long and some parts just dragged.

2. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

:eek:

It's alive! ALIVE!!!

3. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Phew, this thread's a little stale, isn't it?

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah, Bale's "Batman voice" was bit too intense and probably also tweaked in post.

They *really* need to fix that in the next one.

5. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

Never really bothered me. It's just gravely to the point of sometimes being difficult to make out. I think that was the point.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, I couldn't even find this thread after I saw the movie and I caught it before it left the theater.

Anyway, I thought it was light years better than Batman Begins. That has everything to do with Heath Ledger's masterful performance as the Joker which, just like Nicholson's in "Batman", carried the movie to heights it would never have achieved otherwise.

Christian Bale continues to be less than scintillating as Batman. I couldn't believe that voice. Jackie Earle Haley as Rorscach accomplished in Watchmen what Bale can only dream of as Batman.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had a problem with the Batman voice at the movie theater, as well as the music score drowning out some of the dialog. But on my Blu-ray they both sounded just fine. So maybe it was the theaters or the reels they received, though I saw the movie three times at three different theaters and they all had the same problem.

8. 3D Master

3D Master Rear Admiral

Maybe they did some additional tweaking of the sound for the home releases of the movie after realizing the problem in the theater.

9. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hadnt seen the movie until this year so I wasnt around for this thread, so...Im curious, did anyone have a problem with Two-Face's look? I loooved it but at the same time it was such BS for him to be walking around, talking clearly & drinking shots!:lol: I didnt mind though, it didnt bother me from enjoying the film, but I read about how some others found it too far fetched for the movie's style...

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The thing about Two-Face's look is that he would've died from it eventually with the exposure and eventual infections.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ And the poor guy's eyeball would have dried out long before that. Unless he kept a little spray bottle in his pocket. :lol:

Seriously though, I liked that they made him look pretty much like he did in the comics and in drawings. No Tommy Lee Jones make-up here. Would he have died from an infection? Probably, but this movie still takes place in a hightened reality, so stuff like that doesn't bother me.

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

13. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

I got the impression this was the case, particularly with the music drowning out Gordon's cheesy speech at the end - I hadn't a clue what he was saying when I saw it in the cinema, but the sound levelling is much better on my Blu-ray.

14. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

I remember this thread... wasn't one poster supposed to buy another poster a Blu-Ray copy of the movie if it made over $250 million box office? I've always wondered what came of that.

15. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

I don't recall the players, but I do recall that a Blu-Ray copy was sent from one to the other after the $250m barrier was broken.

16. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

heehee!

also he refused painkillers!:wtf:

then again I read an old comic where he forced a doctor at gunpoint to perform plastic surgery on him, & he refused to be put under anesthetic so he could keep his eye(& gun)on him while the surgery was performed. So I guess Nolan was just being true to the comics. :eek: :p

17. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral