The Christmas Countdown Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by F. King Daniel, Oct 26, 2010.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Four days until Christmas!!!

I had a neat picture to post today... but I've left it on my USB stick which I can't find at the moment. I'll try again tommorow:p

2. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

And guess who still doesn't have all the Christmas presents wrapped? I'll be up til midnight again on Christmas Eve :lol:

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have to do my grocery shopping for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners. I've been so busy house sitting for my sister that I haven't even planned the menu! :lol:

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Still have one package yet to arrive--another of hubby's last minute gifts. I hope it gets here soon.

5. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

I'm still waiting for one package but Devon's trapped under a blanket of snow and travel is treacherous even in the larger urban areas, so it may not arrive on time. It's for my husband, and he won't mind if it's a few days late. Besides, his birthday is in early February. ;)

I still want to buy a few things for the kids' stockings and am hoping the buses are running tomorrow, as it's very slippery out there and I'm not in the mood for the long walk to the shops in these conditions.

6. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

it's kind of more fun that way!

got all the cards out today and have only the end-of-the-year gratuities left to distribute. boring.

7. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

I'm never certain what to do about those - who do you give to?

8. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

OMG, I love it!

9. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

For my younger brother, I have devised the ultimate torment. When he opens his present from under the tree on Christmas morning, he will find...First Steps 2 Forever by Justin Bieber.:devil:

After observing the hopefully extremely funny look on his face and maybe crushing his soul a bit, I will then give him his real present, a Guy Gavriel Kay novel.

10. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Not only is that sick and twisted: I love it and have done a similar thing to my nephew once :bolian:

11. F. King Daniel

THREE DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Here's that picture I was meant to post yesterday. The top of my computer tower:
    [​IMG]

12. Mary Ann

^My sons would love the Crazy Frog keychain! :rommie:

My shopping is done! *does happy dance* The trains are running so my husband took the kids to his parents' house in Weston-super-Mare, and I took the bus to town and bought all the last-minute gifts and stocking stuffers. I'm going to spend some time this afternoon wrapping at least some of the presents and making sure all 3 kids have the same amount of crap in their stockings, because they will compare. :vulcan: Mind you, I used to count the number of presents everyone had under the tree, so I can't say anything...

13. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Daniel, i LOVE that nativity scene and wish i had thought of it. Im so bummed! I don't own one and we just sold the in-laws'. What i coulda done with theirs!! Wah!

Maclaus, i LOVE that stapler story. OMG! That is hilarious!!

I haven't done xmas cards in over ten years, but this year i sent out three that i hand made. Of course, being the procrastinator that i am i finished them just this past weekend, so i am hoping they arrive in time.

Yesterday i think i finished with my shopping, buying a bunch of fast food gift cards for my husband and kids to tuck into their stockings. i still need to wrap, and i just know that when i do, i'll realize i didn't buy enough. I hate that feeling, although i really do know it isn't the amount of gifts i give that makes the holiday. But as a mom i still feel that way.

I am so excited, we are going to have our son home for longer than usual this year!! i can't wait. He gets here sometime on Thursday (he's driving up to NY from Va.) I can't stand it!!!!!! wooooooohooooooooo!!!!!!

14. KimMH

I give to the

son's teacher
    son's para-pros (2)
    postal carrier
    trash guys (2)
    recycling guy
    dog sitter

I don't give end of year tips to the hairdresser or pet groomer or dry cleaner because I tip them as I go but I give cash to all of the above because they all could use the cash - I used to worry about giving stupid or useless trinkets - the hubs said - who doesn't like cash? indeed!

15. Mary Ann

Hee, my youngest son's teacher and one-to-one support assistant did well this Christmas because I was going to buy them Next gift certificates but was bedridden for two days and couldn't get out of the house. So they got the last two bottles of organic wine in the house instead. I don't begrudge them the wine because they both do a wonderful job and my son can be quite a handful, but it meant I had to order another case of wine with my organic veg box this week. Oh, the suffering. ;)

I must brag and report that all the presents are wrapped and the stockings are stuffed. :biggrin: My husband did some wrapping the other day but I still spent well over an hour battling with cheap paper, scissors and sticky tape. I love my kids but I get SO much more done when they're not underfoot. :lol:

16. KimMH

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess my son's teacher and para-pros might have preferrred wine (heck - I would!) but it's too late - I can always use good ideas for next year!

Battling wrapping paper? Congratulations on winning that skirmish!

17. F. King Daniel

In 48 hours it will be Christmas Eve!!!!:eek:

Btw, I sense that mine won't be the only Star Trek-themed naitivity next year!:D

18. KimMH

^ "Oh UncleKingDaniel! Please tell us the Christmas Story again! The one where Worf saves Christmas with the B'Athleth of Destiny from the evil Tribble of sin and Data the herald angel sings 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.' It's our favorite!"

19. Mary Ann

^*brings popcorn and mulled wine*

20. KimMH

can I bring UFPs? (UnFinishedProjects for non-knitters) I'm finally getting back to my sweater - all the holiday knitting pushed it aside. I always promise myself the holiday knitting will be completed by Hallowe'en. That's actually about the time I panic and start. Grrr.