The Best Space Battles

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by M.A.C.O., Jan 22, 2019.

1. X24actor

X24actor Lieutenant Red Shirt

As much as I loved the DS9 space battles back in the day, rewatching them lately, I noticed a few "tributes to the original series". Some shots of Excelsior class ships are as obvious as the "four" Constitution class ships in The Ultimate Computer

Gabriel likes this.
  2. RPOW0614

RPOW0614 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Tucker flying the ENT over New York getting shot at by German fighters was just cool to watch.

Gabriel likes this.
  3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The original footage of the Klingon Warship attacking the Enterprise in Elaan of Troyius was much better than the revised version! In the newer bits the Klingon ship seems to be swinging back and fro while the Enterprise does the same showing off both their nacelles! With the earlier look we get the repeated Klingon run at Kirk and finally the three photon torpedo victory a midship blasts! :klingon:
    JB

Henoch and Gabriel like this.
  4. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

We need a fully fleshed out battle of Wolf 359. I forgot about this short clip.

As we also saw in the Dominion War, century old ships like the Mirandas and Excelsiors are completely outclassed.

5. Gabriel

Gabriel Captain Captain

What we really need is a Star Trek version of battle off Samar. That was the World War II battle where a small US task force ( no capital ships and everything basically anti-submarine) managed to turn away the Japanese fleet every prevent them from bombing MacArthurs army. And they did it all through luck, bravery, and smoke. Now that would be entertaining. Although sensors could make that hard

6. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Strangely enough I saw this episode on Saturday night! :)
    JB

7. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Starship Down had a good one. Defiant vs. Two Jem Hadar ships in a gas giant,