The Bantha in the room--Leia's role in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 7, 2017.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My dream post sequel trilogy book, would be either a non-canon novel or comic that adapts Lucas's sequel trilogy concept that was dumped once Disney and Kathleen Kennedy took over. I would love to see just how different it was from what we ended up getting.

2. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do you know any details, or you just heard of the idea?

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why? What point would that serve?

Well, we got "The Star Wars" comic adaptation so I could see this happening.

4. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Mark Hamill's hints have been about it, stuff about Luke training Leia to become a full Jedi, something that wouldn't have been filmable anyway due to the long gap between films.

5. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

No, I'm not joking.

EDIT: Since I read what's been oficially finalized about Leia, I've changed my stance to saying that Leia as a young women in a future movie should be played by a younger actress.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

We finally have our answer. Carrie Fisher will appear in episode 9 as Princess Leia Organa, as it should be. They will be utilizing footage shot for The Force Awakens but never used. I say any chance to see unused Carrie Fisher as Leia footage is a good thing.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-ix-cast-announced

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a surprise.

8. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

Archival footage. I'm very much okay with it. I'm glad to see her in Episode 9.

9. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Of course there is - yet.

They'll likely get back up with Rinzler and revive the book (and ones for TLJ and IX) only once Episode IX is done. As in-depth as his other books have been, there's every chance he'd have inadvertently spoiled (or just hinted at) plot points for TLJ and IX prematurely. Plus a warts-and-all portrayal of behind-the-scenes turmoil before the trilogy was even done could boomerang and impact that trilogy's completion. Given what an extreme secrecy-phobe Abrams is, I'm frankly surprised they were even starting down that road.