The Animals That Aren't Dogs or Cats Thread

I went out to my mailbox yesterday and thought I saw a big slab of mud in my yard. but at a closer look I saw it was a big snapping turtle. I said, "Hi turtle" to him and he turned his head towards me and sighed, "eeehhhh" in a disinterested unimpressed way, like he was a celebrity and I was asking for an autograph. I went into the house and he turned and went back into the ditch.

I went out to my mailbox yesterday and thought I saw a big slab of mud in my yard. but at a closer look I saw it was a big snapping turtle. I said, "Hi turtle" to him and he turned his head towards me and sighed, "eeehhhh" in a disinterested unimpressed way, like he was a celebrity and I was asking for an autograph. I went into the house and he turned and went back into the ditch.
Common snapper?

That's pretty cool.
There used to be a big tortoise that lived in one of the parks near us, but we haven't seen it in years, so we don't know if it's still alive.

Rosie doesn't seem to understand that Karl is almost 10x her size

Iye6XZj.gif

Is there such a thing as a bird feeder that keeps the mess below at a minimum and is also squirrel-proof? Seems like it's one or the other. Looking to get a new feeder.

Last edited:
Back