The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish the Quantum Mechanix Firefly Big/Little Damn Heroes figures were't so expensive or sold out. Does anyone know when the Inara LDH figure will be released? I know it's on pre-order now but when will it actually come out?

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Place your bets now!
    [​IMG]

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol::lol::lol:

I forgot- I've done the "take a photo of an action figure's ass" before:

[​IMG]

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Now that's the textbook definition of a stiff and tight ass.

5. Kira's Mom

Had a lot of fun with Hawkeye and Black Widow today while getting Christmas stuff ready. Too much fun. Here's the first of several photos:

Tasha regrets letting Clint watch the Saturday Night Live Christmas special...

[​IMG]

"It's my dick in a box!"

6. cooleddie74

:rofl:

Loki: "I have an army."

Tony: "We have a dick in a box."

7. cooleddie74

I finally have a way to get my hands on a Clone Wars Ahsoka (Scuba Gear) and Clone Commander Fox from the tail end of this year's CW figure line. I'm so relieved...I've spent the last couple of months or longer trying to track both down thanks to the abysmal distribution of most new Star Wars action figures this past year and now it looks like it's finally gonna pay off.

After this I'll be completely caught up on all the 2012 basic carded action figures that I wanted.

For those not hip to the Clone Wars mythology, this is Commander Fox:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLNsjuB2x3c[/yt]

8. cooleddie74

I have several SW figures on the way as I type and post this, including my Scuba Ahsoka, Wolffe, Fox and an extra Training Super Battle Droid from the same assortments(a simple repaint of a 2008 figure but a really, really good one and very eye-catching). I'm also expecting two more army builders from the online exclusive Vintage Collection wave: another Gungan Warrior and an extra Naboo Pilot.

9. Kira's Mom

Hawkeye helps me build my gingerbread house:

[​IMG]

"Clint, no! There might be witches in there!" "But it looks so yummy..."

[​IMG]

10. cooleddie74

I don't know which is neater and cooler...your delicious-looking gingerbread house or all the funny Hawkeye photos you take. :p

11. Kira's Mom

Well, I didn't actually bake the house, it was a kit. I cheated. :p

And I thought Hawkeye and the house was funny, because Jeremy Renner's next movie is Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.

12. cooleddie74

^
    I didn't know that...cool. I was unaware he was making that movie and, thus, the connection in your photos. Thanks!

In toy news I managed to find a $10 Legacy Collection (2009) Gungan Warrior with the gold-colored battle horn at my friend's shop this morning. Some guy came in yesterday and traded some of his figures for newer stuff and the Gungan was one of his trades.

13. OdoWanKenobi

Too bad there's not a Gemma Aterton action figure anywhere.

14. catphish1999

catphish1999 Cadet Newbie

I just picked this Jean-Luc Picard action figure. A little nervous because I could not find anything on it and hope I did not over pay. Gave $100 for it.

It is a certified signature wizard Jean-Luc Picard Tapestry II action figure. It is in a clear package. Picard is in a green uniform.

I collect a wide range of things from Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel to what ever catches my eye.

Sorry I tried to attach a photo but it did not post.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  15. OdoWanKenobi

You're still a cadet. It'll take a little while before you're allowed to post images. If you post the image I can quote it for you to make it show up.

Welcome, by the way. It's always great to get another member on the boards, especially one that can be active in this thread.

16. cooleddie74

Welcome, catphish....to both the BBS and to this thread! We look forward to your future contributions to both.

If you need help or advice about the boards don't hesitate to ask us.

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a rumour of an ESB Slave 1 which will presumably use the same mold as the Clone Wars battle pack version. That one is fairly massive (much larger than the 2002 one) and makes this new one look like a micro machine.

18. cooleddie74

Oh, yeah...the Clone Wars Slave 1 was the one that came in the huge $100 Toys "R" Us gift set with the Anakin, astromech droid, young Boba Fett and Bossk figures wasn't it? That's the only animated Bossk that's ever been made in plastic as far as I know. That ship was pretty hefty and good looking if I remember correctly...I could see them tweaking and repainting it for a movie-style release.

In other news I had some figures arrive today:

1 x CW15 Scuba Ahsoka
    1 x CW16 Training Super Battle Droid
    1 x CW17 Clone Commander Wolffe
    1 x CW18 Clone Commander Fox
    1 x Vintage Collection Naboo Pilot
    1 x Vintage Collection Gungan Warrior
    1 x Legacy Collection (2009) Nien Nunb (in red B-Wing flight gear)

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep! There's a few custom repaints knocking around which look great. I have it and to be honest, anything larger would just be silly.

20. cooleddie74

I remember how popular the Clone Wars Slave 1 set was around here. I only saw one...that was it. Not being that heavily into the Clone Wars animated product at the time I passed on it (the $100+ price tag sure didn't help) but it was very cool looking. Bossk the bounty hunter in animated form looked incredible...I wish Hasbro had repacked him separately on an individual cardback so more people would have had a shot at owning him.

I think the astro droid was also unique to that set and had never been done before...unless it was "Goldie" or R4-P17 or one of the astros that had already been made individually, but I don't think it was.