The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

^ I feel exactly the same way. I would read the hell out of that book. There's so much untapped potential there. Everything with Batman in the last Batman and Robin arc was crap, and the stuff between the Robins was great. But this is a discussion for the DC thread.

Well, my long time comic DCUC Eradicator arrived yesterday, and my Metallo BAF is finally complete. Yay! My DC shelves have changed a lot since the last time I took a pic Maybe I should take some updated ones.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still hoping against all hope that we might finally get a Dick Grayson Batman. I'm thinking this is never going to happen though.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The brand new Clone Commander Fox assortment of Clone Wars figures is being reported showing up at some Kmarts across the country. The case assortment contains two Fox figures and ten repacks from previous waves.

Unfortunately, he's the only new figure in his wave....which makes me wonder why the hell anyone bothered to call it a new "wave" to begin with. It usually takes two or more new figures in a case to constitute a new wave, but such are the times many toy collectors live in. :shrug:

4. OdoWanKenobi

If the Batman Unlimited line is a hit, I would imagine they would get around to a Grayson Batman eventually. The big issue is how you would differentiate him. DCUC and related lines use a buck system, and thus, there are fewer sculpted details that would tell you this is Grayson. I guess for starters they could put him on the thinner body that they use for Deadman, Sinestro, etc. Maybe a headsculpt with a smile would go a long way. They're not going to perfectly mimic Frank Quietly's art, or something like that. That's just not the way Mattel rolls. I really hope they get us a Damian, too. I just don't know which body they would use. All of the kid size bucks are still way too buff.

5. Admiral_Young

They could mimic Chris Burnham's art (he does an exceptional job at mimicking Quietly while still putting his own style on the characters), but yeah all good points regarding the sculpt. Putting a smile on him and using Dick's utility belt would go along way I think. Is the Batman Incorporated line done (I'm assuming so) because I would have thought there would be more for future waves. I desperately want a Leviathan Talia.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Are you talking the DC Direct Batman Inc. line? That one is long done. Their figure releases right now are New 52 Justice League and Arkham City.

7. Admiral_Young

I thought as much. Sigh. I guess I want figures that others don't or something LOL. I'm pretty sure we've never got a Talia figure from any incarnation. I thought for sure we would get one from Arkham City given her role...but so far not yet.

8. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

They could always do one with the cowl pulled back. Of course...even with that he still looks like Bruce. I've always found it funny that ALL of the men in the Bat Family have black hair and blue eyes. They all essentially look the same (throw in Captain Marvel and Superman/Superboy and they could all essentially be clones of the same guy).

9. OdoWanKenobi

Actually, Jason is a redhead, and Bruce made him dye his hair. I am suddenly reminded of this Shortpacked strip

Also, I would want cowl up. I think I, and many people actually, would want to be able to have him and Damian standing like Batman and Robin #1

10. Gotham Central

As i understand it they retconned away the red hair post crisis.

11. OdoWanKenobi

^Nope. He's seen with it during Morrison's Batman and Robin run.

12. cooleddie74

In a different vein, here's some Mystery Science Theater 3000 related toys. I'm a gigantic fan of MST3K and have been for over twenty years, but I didn't know some of this stuff even existed.

A Torgo teddy bear? Sublime. :D

13. Gotham Central

I actually read up on this.

Apparently DC did retcon the red hair away post crisis. Morrison brought it back (not surprising since a lot of things that were eliminated have since been brought back including young Damian).

However subsequent writers didn't get the memo and have since gone back to it being black.

As with everythig at DC...its fits until it don't.

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

You squeeze him while the master is away.

15. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I wonder if anyone would make this figure. She's already got a fake comic, so that's a start... :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Poor cookie monster. :(

17. OdoWanKenobi

I hit the JACKPOT today at TJ Maxx! They had Marvel Universe Sentinels for $30. That in and of itself would have been great, but these were the classic colored repaint version (the version that everyone actually wanted) that were only available as an SDCC exclusive, and the boxed versions never made it to any retail outlets in the US. Until now, that is. Yay! I am soooooo happy!

18. cooleddie74

TJ Maxx is also a place to hit for some older waves of Star Wars figures that were distributed very poorly at first then dumped quietly and unceremoniously on the national discount chains. Not only TJ Maxx, but Marshalls as well as Ross stores. Now you can add Kohl's to the list of chains that are receiving recent Star Wars action figures(Vintage Collection) that saw little or even no distribution at the big-box stores.

Nice score, by the way! It just reminds me I need to make a quick pit stop by my TJ Maxx and see if they have anything interesting.

19. OdoWanKenobi

Aw crap, the TJ Maxx is right next to a Kohls, and I didn't go in. Next time, I guess.

20. cooleddie74

There've been several reports of Kohl's getting in the new Grand Moff Tarkin wave of Vintage. The new stuff, not just older waves that sort of disappeared into the ether and were rarely if ever spotted at the big-box retailers.