The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Does the Batman one have a Burgess Meredith clip on it?

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least one clip.

This review shows the penguin at the 10:16 minute mark, Meredith doing his famous "Wheh! Wheh! Wheh!" laugh while the Dynamic Duo are strapped to a wall surrounded by balloons (which I assume are filled with toxic gas). But I'm not sure he played every clip completely, so I just don't know if there are more with Burgess. The review also gives the false impression is quite dim. I've seen the units in person and on average, the screens are far brighter. But since they were still packaged, they still had the pull tag that restricts the clips to 3 or 4 short samples. As you can see from the review, the box would need to be opened, the TV removed from the clear "clam shell" covers AND the tab removed to access all the clips. I don't think the employees would appreciate me doing that in the store.

3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, that takes me back. and now I wants it.

4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm inclined to get these little TVs and set up action figures from the shows watching themselves on TV. I guess that would be kind of "meta" as they say these days.

Kor

Kai "the spy" and fireproof78 like this.
  5. fireproof78

Same.

6. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

7. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon Stealer of all the cookies in time and space Premium Member

That's neat now you make me want one.. OMG the shipping. Maybe not

8. Redfern

It might have been the initial review I linked, but I posted a question to the reviewer, asking if the sequences included any "effects" shots like the slow approach of the Planet Killer or the dramatic zoom of Balok's ship. The reviewer was kind enough to reply and noted that, alas, the only space shots were the opening credits, all other sequences were characters interacting.

Just thought I'd better clarify that so that anybody might buy it won't have false expectations.

9. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm just wondering why the Star Trek one is not mentioned in the Batman video? It is by the same company isn't it? Is this like a second wave or something? Since I noticed that the Batman video is some months old already. How have I not seen these before? Thanks for making us aware of them!

10. Redfern

Yes, it's part of a "second wave". Here is the official web site promoting them which also shows what's intended for the second series of collectibles.

https://www.basicfun.com/tinytvclassics/

However, plans changed as I've personally seen units that feature clips from "Jurassic Park" which is not listed at the Basic Fun! page/ I don't know if it's simply an addition or if it replaces something else.

Astra likes this.
  11. Gingerbread Demon

I think they can be modded or clips added to them, not sure how much work is involved to do that.

12. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Magneto Was Right Moderator

I've seen videos of them being built, there's supposed to be a micro SD card on them.

14. Gingerbread Demon

It's a flash chip but bonded to the board, not an SD card

15. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Gingerbread Demon

That ship is cool. Venture Star in Lego very nice

17. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Pixel Dan has a review of the new Wave 3 of 2022 of the Marvel Legends Retro line, including Moon Knight and First Appearance Spider-Man:

And speaking of retro figures, some leaked photos suggest McFarlane is preparing a new Super Powers line:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Project Action Figure| Leaked: McFarlane DC Direct Super Powers Darkseid
    Including vehicles! How awesome is that? That Batwing is even modeled after the '89 movie.

publiusr likes this.
  18. fireproof78

19. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The greatest 3.75" Darth Vader ever made may now be available if you live in New Zealand:

publiusr and Kor like this.