The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Disney Store is having a sale on their Elite Series Star Wars figures, so I picked up a few more for myself. The smaller Elite Series is on sale for $9.95 and the larger ones are $20.

Jyn
    [​IMG]

K2S0
    [​IMG]

Finn in Stormtrooper Armor without helmet
    [​IMG]

Disney released a larger version of the Elite Series, 12" line.

Kylo
    [​IMG]

Ray
    [​IMG]

Darth Vader
    [​IMG]

To show size difference
    [​IMG]

SPCTRE and TOMFAN like this.
  2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

3. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Jesus saves!

CCC.

4. LapRestraint

LapRestraint Ensign Red Shirt

A proper TMP costume look for the command chair replica (released as Reliant's command chair with Select Khan figure)[​IMG]

TOMFAN and cooleddie74 like this.
  5. LapRestraint

The Khan figure as released is not scaled properly for the command chair IMHO
    [​IMG]

cooleddie74 and Kai "the spy" like this.
  6. LapRestraint

A look at another of my customized TMP Mego Bridge Playsets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cooleddie74 and Kai "the spy" like this.
  7. LapRestraint

I found proper blueprints for TMP, TWOK, & TSFS (Ahh the Salmon color onboard the Grissom) chairs and thought it would be fun to see them precisely colorized from each film (thanks to photoshop eyedrop tool)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cooleddie74 likes this.
  8. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "Hello there."

[​IMG]

10. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Very jealous

11. Astra

My crafty shop got new backgrounds in! The first two, the star field and the sky with clouds, are two different sides to one cardboard. Although I think it confused Kirk and Spock immensely when I switched it for the picture.

- "It appears there is no atmosphere yet we can breathe!"

[​IMG]

- "What did you do now?"
    - "I didn't do anything, captain."

[​IMG]

The third background is a worn out floor so I was thinking of something that can be photographed from above to show it off. No idea where THAT came from.

[​IMG]

Kai "the spy" likes this.
  12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Captain, we were told not to return to Argo--this is for your own good.

13. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

My American Girl doll is a rebel.

[​IMG]

Sibyl likes this.
  14. Astra

Scene from "Gotham" episode 1x14. Bruce is missing and Alfred needs help.

In the beginning I thought it would be the Jim Gordon figure that gets to use all the hospital accessories. Who would've thought it was actually Alfred the butler getting hurt in every other episode? LOL

[​IMG]

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

American Girl has announced that most of their dolls are now going to have permanently sewn-on underpants. It's caused quite an uproar in the doll fandom, and they're calling it Pantygate. The dolls are upset, too. Here's what two of my dolls think of the news:

[​IMG]

I'm sure the idea was to keep kids from losing the panties, but it's kind of ridiculous. And without removable underwear, we can't make our dolls moon people!

16. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I discovered a kickstarter for a new line of old west action figures. I wanted to donate, but, unfortunately, the timeframe is already over. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the figures in the hopefully not too distant future.

Kor

17. Astra

Oh boy what has this world come to... Over here a vegetarian asked a city to change the music being played in a glockenspiel because it was about a fox getting a goose... and they complied.

So here's how to do a really quick, easy and lazy book ;)

I scanned and printed the cover from the real book. And figured why not use pages that are already glued together? From an old notepad for example? Just take off as many pages however thick you want your book to be, be careful to not destroy the glued part at the edge, then glue the cover around the edge and cut it. Voilá. Book done and Alfred Pennyworth can read the newest "Gotham" novel (which is awesome, highly recommended).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sibyl, TOMFAN, Kor and 1 other person like this.
  18. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

19. Astra

Haha sorry, I forgot to reply to you earlier but I love your idea! Very different view from my take, it was more like Kirk has been held hostage somewhere and Spock found him and frees him. I love how one picture can mean so many different things!

Guys, I have to show my steel pillars I made for the "Gotham" precinct. I think they came out awesome! All done from scratch, just wood, styrofoam and cardboard. The rivets are done with a so called bead pen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the paint I used a bit of bronce to make it look rusty and mixed silver with black to give it this nice shiny metal look. Finally some extra silver dots for the raised dots but wiped off partially. I really love how it came out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also made some police files, I found lots of reports and even crime scene pictures in the internet and just printed them small. The GCPD logo is from a screenshot.

[​IMG]

And the result!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Greetings everyone! I'm back after a long hiatus. Lots of things came up towards the end of the year and that put some stress on me so I wasn't able to contribute like I used too but everything is back to normal and I should be contributing annually like I once used too. I also come baring gifts! I've finally been able to complete my Star Fox crew and they look so perfect on the Palisades Muppets "Pigs in Space" playset.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Among other things I've been collecting various fodder for new sci fi themed photo backgrounds.
    [​IMG]
    This is just a little bit of what I have coming up. Anyway here are a few more scenes I've come up with. Slippy is proving to be a lot more trouble than usual and Peppy isn't too pleased.
    [​IMG]
    And lastly I'll end on a final frontier note! ;) For a few years I've had this space paper and I decided to try back lighting it and to my surprise it did wonders. Using a fluorescent or LED light source will subtly light it giving it a nice blue violet color. When it's lit using a standard light source it's a beautiful pink color.

"I hope they're on our side."
    [​IMG]

"Klingons in the Mutara Nebula!?"
    [​IMG]

Oh those are the Star Trek micro machines, they are great. The thing I'm using as ship window is the lid off an old bread maker I took apart. Anything makes for great fodder these days. It's great to be back! :)

Oh! and @Astra, I haven't forgotten about the miniature pie I owe you. Sorry it's been taking so long, things got in the way. I'll send it as soon as I can.

~Captain Murdock!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017