The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

"A British time traveller assembling a team to stop some crazy threat" - Haha! So I'm not the only one that made that connection ;) But as I have learnt somewhere here in this forum, LoT actually came out BEFORE Doctor Who.
Not sure what you mean. Legends of Tomorrow just wrapped up its first season. Now, the comic book character of Captain Cold has been around since the 50s, but Legends isn't really based on any comic book stories. They took side characters from Flash and Arrow and threw them together on their own show.

Not sure what you mean. Legends of Tomorrow just wrapped up its first season. Now, the comic book character of Captain Cold has been around since the 50s, but Legends isn't really based on any comic book stories. They took side characters from Flash and Arrow and threw them together on their own show.
Ah, sorry, hope I didn't confuse anybody. I don't really watch the show, so I mixed it up. I meant that the other British time traveler, Rip Hunter, had been around before the Doctor, and therefore can't be a rip-off, as I originally had thought. Wikipedia says he first appeared in a magazine in May 1959.

Ah, sorry, hope I didn't confuse anybody. I don't really watch the show, so I mixed it up. I meant that the other British time traveler, Rip Hunter, had been around before the Doctor, and therefore can't be a rip-off, as I originally had thought. Wikipedia says he first appeared in a magazine in May 1959.

And he wasn't British. ;)

You have failed in your comic book knowledge. We shun you eternally! Kidding. In Legends of Tomorrow, they cast Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, so he was British in that. Since that action figure is a CWverse Captain Cold, I felt it fitting that he comment on this experience being familiar to him.

How they managed to get through the entire season of Legends without making any kind of Doctor Who joke, I don't understand. I mean, you have an actor who was on Doctor Who travelling trough time in a stolen ship! It practically writes itself.

In Legends of Tomorrow, they cast Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, so he was British in that.
Yeah, and from what little I have seen, he stuck out. I'm not really sure how to describe it - he seemed to be the only one taking this seriously? I related to his character. I'm not sure if I should go as far as realizing (again) the difference between British and American actors. I have watched a lot of British shows recently, and the American style starts to grate with me.

I did love all the other characters individually when they were guests in the other series, but having them all combined here, throwing funny one-liners at each other all the time... it was all a bit much. I couldn't get into it. I couldn't keep up with the speed. Granted, I only saw one half of the pilot, so maybe I should try again. But I also agree with those that say that the team was put together too quickly, and it would have been a better story if they had taken more time with that. Give us reasons why they should leave their former life just because someone they never saw before turns up. Would you? Maybe I am taking this whole thing too seriously ;) I'm a girl. I like character moments better than the same fights again and again.

How they managed to get through the entire season of Legends without making any kind of Doctor Who joke, I don't understand.
That is something I also had hoped for. Sad to hear it didn't happen.

It's been a while, but I have new photos!

Two new American Girl arrivals- the 2016 limited mini Josefina:
le%20fina%202016_zps5tmpv156.jpg

The Girl of the Year from 2006, Jess!

jess_zps5m4krhxv.jpg

jess%20and%20fina_zpsgjhbbur1.jpg

Emma threw her a little party:

emma%20and%20jess_zpsifrsjk34.jpg

New outfit for Ivy! She and Julie are ready for some 70s summer fun!

70s%20summer_zpsqjsngj1s.jpg

My birthday haul came a little early. :) I recently got this really awesome Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families Treehouse playset. Combined with a few other playsets i already have it's going to be the glorious Haunted Towers from Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. This thing is big! It's the at least 2 feet tall and a few inches bigger than the Kenner Ghostbusters Firehouse playset.

T062ckgl.jpg

Beside that is my Scooby Doo pirate fort playset I painted.
ascKoQfl.jpg

And my new Figure Falco is being introduced to my big crazy world as well as being reunited with his good friend Fox.
aeJG4Tgl.jpg

hYnhX4ll.jpg

As usual, you have the best stuff @CaptainMurdock ! But I have something cool as well ;) I am very excited about my Mega Bloks bridge. This is very new, the transporter room set is also already out and much more to come, also complete ships. Go have a look if you are into fake LEGO!

The doors can be slid open. I need to find a good picture of the turbolift to put behind them:

You also can undo the hinges and use it as a flat display:

There is even little NOMAD floating about!

The figures are a bit bigger than LEGO and have certainly more joints. Ballpoint shoulder joint so the arms go also sideways, as well as knee and elbow joints:

And even a little tricorder, communicator and phasers:

The instructions are very easy to follow. I highly recommend this set, I always wanted a bridge and now I got one! Now I need to think of stories that can be acted out on the bridge (is it on or at the bridge? I never know)

OMG Mega Bloks... See fake lego but cool. I always used to love their big sets because they did stuff Lego were not willing to do, and had custom pieces.

It's been a while, but I have new photos!

Two new American Girl arrivals- the 2016 limited mini Josefina:
le%20fina%202016_zps5tmpv156.jpg

The Girl of the Year from 2006, Jess!

jess_zps5m4krhxv.jpg

jess%20and%20fina_zpsgjhbbur1.jpg

Emma threw her a little party:

emma%20and%20jess_zpsifrsjk34.jpg

New outfit for Ivy! She and Julie are ready for some 70s summer fun!

70s%20summer_zpsqjsngj1s.jpg

I love these! I have Ivy and Julie dressed in oriental clothing for the Chinese New Year.

As usual, you have the best stuff @CaptainMurdock ! But I have something cool as well ;) I am very excited about my Mega Bloks bridge. This is very new, the transporter room set is also already out and much more to come, also complete ships. Go have a look if you are into fake LEGO!

Thanks @Astra. I truly appreciate it. I also love your Mega Bloks bridge. Color me jealous. If only Diamond Select made a Bridge playset in scale with their TOS figures.

I found the brand-new Princess Leia Organa (Resistance Base Gown) figure from the Walmart-exclusive 3.75" Black Series line. With this score I'm caught up on the Walmart-exclusive figures except for the Starkiller Base Han Solo from the same wave assortment.

OMG Mega Bloks... See fake lego but cool. I always used to love their big sets because they did stuff Lego were not willing to do, and had custom pieces.
I hadn't heard of Mega Bloks before, only found them through this bridge set. A while ago there were Stargate Best-Lock but they were so awfully cheaply done, I didn't get them. And there is also the Character Building Doctor Who line. I like their figures better than the official Doctor Who Lego that recently came out.
And as I learnt yesterday, for 2009 modern Star Trek there is also Kre-O.

But I am afraid the Mega Bloks Enterprise is a bit too huge for my tiny flat! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--d11T5Ny0...+display+case+4+Mega+Bloks+USS+Enterprise.jpg

In my childhood I did not have Lego, what we had was called PEBE - similar style just not as fancy special blocks. I built lots of houses with it though. No wonder I ended up in the building construction business. And there was a miniture version for doing cars: http://www.petersell.com/file/46ed4afbc21a885bc381471810085185

Thanks @Astra. I truly appreciate it. I also love your Mega Bloks bridge. Color me jealous. If only Diamond Select made a Bridge playset in scale with their TOS figures.

Go get it, you won't regret it!

I still have hopes for the Mezco Toys getting a bridge one day. We know they work on a Captain's Chair, and one promotion picture had more bridge behind it. It may be a bit too small for the Diamond Select figures though, but to have it in the background for some pics may work? If you do only headshots?

And here some pictures from the transporter room for your enjoyment:

It's the Mirror Mirror version but there are two extra wall panels so it can be changed into the regular one.

We get Mirror Kirk and Spock with it and Scotty is just beaming in:

They also have their daggers:

As with the first set, you also can unhinge it and put it as a flat display. The computer console in the front can be turned accordingly:

Also the wall panels at the back let light through if you put a light source behind it, they'll lit up.

McCoy will be coming with two redshirts and the guardian from "The city on the edge of forever", and Scotty and Chekov will come with the set from "Day of the dove", where they are sword-fighting against Klingons. These are supposed to come out in Fall. Also there are complete ships, a Klingon ship and the Enterprise.

Personally, I am hoping for a sickbay, now that would be a cool set to play with! Make it happen!

Reactions: Kor
Back