Spoilers The 100 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Apr 25, 2018.

1. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone watching?

Clarke's Bear Grylls flashback was easily the best part of the episode, I wish it went on a bit longer(maybe even the whole episode) and that we saw a bit more of her and Madi bonding, though I can totally buy Clarke jumping into momma mode to protect her even with the time jump. So Madi's a fan of Skairipa, which makes sense since she's grounder Octavia, apparently being hidden from the Flamekeepers through a trap door in the floor ;)

The prisoners seem set up like classic baddies, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to them, since they haven't actually done anything bad and the conflict started in an ambiguous situation as it's wont to start on this show.

Spacekru stuff seemed like a natural progression of things and doesn't really need a flashback, since we've got the essentials of what happened up there over the years, but I see Octavia's channeling her inner Thunderdome Tina Turner, so the bunker flashbacks should be interesting. :D

2. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Though I knew this was coming back soon, I honestly couldn't remember when or which night. I guess this was the reason my DVR kicked on last night to record something while I was watching Netflix. I'll have to check out the recording tonight! Thanks for the heads up and the shiny new thread ... :techman:

Q2

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks for starting this thread, I tried to search for one yesterdy but apparently "the 100" is to short for it to work probably, and I didn't feel like starting one myself.
    This was a great opener, the stuff with Clarke on Earth was good, I think it says a lot about Clarke as a character and Eliza Taylor as an actress that she was able to carry almost half the episode entirely by herself.
    I do agree it would have been nice to see more of Clarke and Madi bonding.
    Bellamy and Echo are finally together, I've been expecting that since they were in Mount Weather.
    I wonder if there's anybody left in the prisoners' mother ship or if they went down to Earth.
    That was a hell of a reintroduction to post time jump Octavia. Definitely looking forward to the Bunker flashbacks.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I think we\ll see a few flashback scenes with Clarke and Madi. Eliza Taylor's acting was some of her best acting on this show.

I feel bad for Tasya Teles because she's getting a lot of hate from the Bellamy/Clarke shippers because Echo and Bellamy are a couple. It's hard to believe that there are people who lash out at the actors for what is done on the show but they're out there.

5. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

LOL...Why are they already dressed for the apocalypse?!! Is there a Mad Max boutique across from the prison mess hall? :)

An exciting return for the show. I dropped the show early last season, and spent the weekend catching up via Netflix. One thing that's always impressed me is the show's production values. They've managed to create some handsome set pieces each season. And this monster of a shuttle begs a revisit to the question-why did none of the 13 stations have anything comparable?
    So next week, we enter the Thunderdome. :D

6. dahj

Yeah, that's unfortunately become a thing in the era of social media.
    As for the coupling, I really hope they don't go the route of making Bellamy and Clarke a couple, there's a bit of a lack of non-romantic entanglements, so I guess I'm platonic-shipping them if that's a thing :D

Weren't they mining asteroids or something or am I misremembering?
    If yes, asteroids are pretty wastelandy so that explains it. ;)

7. dahj

Welp, episode 2 and we already have a major death, Jaha survived a similar stabwound, crashing from space and who knows what else but he just couldn't survive togetherness. Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal Skaikru! I'm just surprised it took whole 46 days for it to happen... ;)

When Octavia steps up, she really steps up, "You are Wonkru or you are the enemy of Wonkru, choose." :klingon:
    Not sure letting the strongest of the criminals live is the best idea though. Wouldn't they be the first to try to axe you? Anyways, apparently it worked cause there we are 6 years later, Kane is in the arena, and Abby's suspiciously missing. She seemed either still ill, or at least addicted to those pills, so we are yet to find out how that whole thing played out.

So now we have a bunch of space miners that just laded and a buried bunker.
    What a coincidence, I wonder where this will lead... :whistle:

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was expecting a bit more jumping around in time instead of just Day 46+ and then a jump right to year 6.
    I'm not too surprised Jaha died, I've honestly been expecting him to bite it since Season 2.
    I have to confess, I was expecting being in the bunker would force all of the Grounder tribes and Skaicru to finally start working together, but I guess this just wouldn't be The 100 if that happened. It's one of my favorite shows, but damn it has got to be one of the most pessimistic shows out there.

9. dahj

Well the bunker didn't force them, but Octavia did ;)

10. Enterprise is Great

11. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While we've definitely moved beyond the title concept of the 100 (as in the 100 kids initially exiled to Earth), we keep repeating the same plot / season arc each season. Skaikru/Clarke must survive by fightinghuman survivors they didn't know existed. Season 1 was Mt Weatherly, Season 2 were the clans, Season 3 is this surprise convict mining crew.

12. Enterprise is Great

13. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

I'm calling it now...next season 100 evil clones pop out of another secret bunker. Bellamy goes for Evil Clone Clarke.

Heck, a goateed Wells shows up from a parallel universe to woo Tru Clarke. Murphy just shakes his head and flies off into space... ;)

14. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I found one particular scene in the last ep pretty interesting. The fugitives leader notices Clark's black blood and the lieutenant says it is like the Elgious 3? Crew to survive in a 2 sun system.

So that ship maybe went to Sirius or Luyten. I am guessing Luyten because last year it came out a super earth was in the goldilocks zone and SETI sent a radio msg. So that could have impacted the writers. If you could get to say 10% light speed with a solar sail thats like 85 to 90 years and its already been around 100 years since these ships left Earth.

I could see some type of destruction to Eden leading to using the prisoner ship and cryopods to having next season open up 90 years in the future on another planet.

15. dahj

Yay!

Alien grounders won't know what hit them... :D

Anyways, this was a really good one. So much good stuff, glad they didn't drag out the reunion on the ground, Madi jumping out to save Spacekru was awesome, Clarke sucks at pretending she doesn't speak English, Emori getting a mini confidence building arc, Murphy getting stuck up on the ship with Raven... didn't even miss the bunkerkru in all the excitement. ;)