The 100 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Lucky, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting finale. I got the LOST/hatch vibe too from Murphy going into the lighthouse. As for the AI/Hologram it will be an interesting dynamic for S3.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

I didn't go back far enough.

Has Holojo been looking over Thelonious his entire life and did she break the Arks air filtration system that began this entire adventure?

There's two ways to look at fate.

God is benevolent and loving, or God is a #### and ####ed.

Is it possible that like a rat through a maze that Holojo has been edging Jaha on this course his entire life?

Which means that all his talk about destiny is not crazy talk, but the complete and honest truth.

Only that God is a computer and a ####.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yes. The implication was that "she" --the AI represented by the hologram, started the nuclear war, à la Skynet in the Terminator films. The guy killed himself because he created the AI that destroyed the world.

5. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cage is dead - Lincoln killed him in the woods. Emerson (the guard), on the other hand, is still alive.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cage was too much a fop to survive in the woods even without the red and the hand.

This was an awesome finale, I loved it!

Great moment when they go from the blood marrow butchery to Cage's dad in the white room, they pan past a painting by Goya, Saturn Devouring his Son.

And yes hatch and while we're at Dylan song (yeah I know he didn't write it but he's the one that's associated with it) so there's some familiar ground.

Not hugely keen on the AI but I am pretty thrilled that next season is going to be quite different.

8. Guy Gardener

This is what I found super weird the whole time.

Mia and Cage, the actors who played them seemed to have both had accidents where they were maybe burnt and had scar tissue on or/and around their lips. It's almost as if they had been raised in very similar hazardous environments.

Which reminded me of a story I was told about an idiot (friend of a friend) pot head who didn't wait for the knife to cool/Got too close to the knife while spotting, TWICE!

Without any make up, he had clown lips just like the Joker.

(If you open someone's cutlery draw and all their knives are burnt black. They have a problem and no shame.)

9. teacake

See I think those lips are from collagen injections. These are the deflated balloon results after it wears off.

Why did they name him Cage, I started thinking about this, Mr. Paintings probably thought it very meaningful. Do not let the cage define you, you are greater than the cage. Or something.

I wonder how the grounders will feel knowing that Lexa was a dealmaker while Clarke was a warrior, who KILLED all the oppressors and freed her people.

And yes I think the speculation that AI girl has been manipulating Thalonius makes sense, she would have had some access to the Arks technology. Otherwise, why him? She couldn't destiny seduce one of the Mt. Weather techies because they can't leave.

I remember people used to spot hashish and opium, but they did it on foil.

10. Guy Gardener

Opium is worth the danger.

15 thousand times a better high.

If it's just pot, all that really means is that the dopehead is too lazy or stupid to make cookies.

Can you imagine all the kids in Mount Weather who had been called "Freedom" or "Rainbow" over the last 100 years? Now it is their parents who are real assholes.

11. teacake

It's funny how different the populations of Mt. Weather and the Ark ended up, when circumstantially there were huge similarities. Can't go outside. Need to be ruthless to survive. Multiple generations locked away, waiting for some future delivery on the ground. And yet the Ark people are angry fighters and the Mt. Weather people are sheep. I blame Mr. Paintings who is old and has spent decades selling them on the refined life. The Ark was a military state where aesthetics were of little value.

12. teacake

How old were those crackers Murphy was eating?

Where was the body of the dude that shot himself (in the stomach?!)

13. Guy Gardener

Mr Paintings' plan was forced interbreeding.

Just try to think like a father for his child right now.

Mr Paintings... "Dante Wallace" ...WTF???

(Shit? Cage was in Empire records, they were talking about Empire Records on The Hindsight Webisodes the other night. Is he secretly 40? Yes. Yes he is. The actor is turning 40 this Halloween. Well, that makes me feel like a sack of shit, how about you?)

Dante Wallace sounds like a character from the Wire (It's actually the names of two different characters from The Wire.)

But a descent into the underworld, rings of hell to get his girlfriend back. Surely that should be a red light? If you have to go to heaven to get your girlfriend back, it sounds like she's a nice person and... Beatrice was in Hell for a reason, so maybe you should leave her there? Although God used to be fricking petty in the 14th century. Wouldn't it be hilarious if all those old testament rules about good behaviour hadn't really been redacted?

Sorry.

(President) Dante would have it in his mind (because he is a father) to pair his son Cage off with the leader of the Sky people, who just happens to have been Clarke, to make ground dwelling grandbabies for him.

I saw a woman say something hilarious a couple days ago

"If god didn't want me to use it, why did he make it magic?"

Would everything have gotten so extinction-level if Clarke and Cage had started dating before he began bleeding the sky people? Seriously, one hand job from Clarke and it would have been a Disney happily ever after ending.

Yay?

14. Guy Gardener

The AI has robots or slaves that clean up, and weirdly sustain the historical integrity of that little bunker.

I imagine the robots look as humanoid as R2D2.

Although a shock collar around a human being and a slave workforce works fine too. Although how difficult would it be for Holojo to convince the Savages that she is a god? Can she only manipulate people or out and out surgically implant memories and feelings?

Who replaced the sandwiches?

Who the fuck dragged that warhead to the City of Lights?

15. teacake

The Mt. Weather folk are really like a hemophiliac royal family, reclining on their cushions eating beautiful food and listening to harpsichords while they grow more wan with each generation. Since he is called Dante it seems this effete dedication to the arts began long before his reign.

Why wasn't Cage already mated off? They can't make too many people but you would think the heir apparent would be top priority for reproduction.

16. Guy Gardener

Maybe he did have children?

If the character is the same age as the actor, he could have adult children.

His kids could be dead?

Maybe all the women in Mount Weather had a conversation about what an asshole he was and blackballed him?

Could be gay? Some (most) gay men want babies. Even if he fills up a turkey baster and hands it over to a friend who wants to a be a mother, the real difference is that adamantly gay men and women can't have babies by accident or carelessness.

Cage could have been infertile, or his attempts at making babies were all horribly mutated so he was removed from the genepool?

Like the Spartans of old, I can see these people throwing less than "perfect" babies out down the garbage shoot.

Or they could all still be fertilized eggs that were put on ice before 2050 in Mount Weather's basement, and so would have been the next generation if Clarke hadn't frakked them.

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I was thinking of the Ray Bradbury story "There Will Come Soft Rains" (part of The Martian Chronicles) in which a house run by an AI keeps going with the normal daily routine after the family it served was vaporized when the city was nuked. There's a scene where the family dog staggers in and dies from radiation poisoning, and a robot cleaner comes in, removes the body, and cleans up. The computer keeps droning on about the next day's reminders for the family and starts reciting a poem about "there will come soft rains" (because the mom liked poetry and the computer read her a poem every night).

As for who dragged the nuke in... robots? What about those scruffy people who were also looking for the City of Light - where did they go?

18. Guy Gardener

They weren't looking. They knew where it was, and fed off the other people looking for it like parasites. They robbed from every one looking for the City of Lights.

Or do you mean the family Thelonius first met after he crashed?

19. teacake

That family also fed off him by selling him to bounty hunters.

I think if the Mt. Weather people were making next gens by defrosting embryos they would have a whole nursery full of blood transplants standing by at all times and not be bothered capturing grounders.

20. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Both. And if they knew where the City of Light was, why wander around a minefield and barren desert if they knew where a place of plenty was? How did that oh-so-convenient boat get there, and why so little protection against the sea monsters?

I'm starting to expect some polar bears to wander by...