Thanksgiving : What Are You Thankful For?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jetfire, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I must admit my life has been a nightmare...it could be worse...but it certainly hasn't been ideal. I am however thankful for alot of small stuff...stuff that doesn't mean much to others but means alot to me. :)

Whether you are from the USA or not...What Are You Thankful For? ...On this day. ;)

I am thankful for being somewhat healthy and alive...having a place to live and alot of the little things that keep me entertained. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
  2. LSD

LSD Cadet Newbie

I am thankful I will die in the end. (hopefully)

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^ [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UQ2ho7DHMk[/yt]

WHAT?!

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
  4. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Another one here with a nightmare of a recent life, but lots to be thankful for. I am most thankful for my brilliant neurosurgeon and all the other people who provide my medical care. And all the people who have been supportive, both in real life and online.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:)

You have an amazing spirit...I wish I had as much strength as you. :bolian: :adore:

6. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am thankful for my family and friends, on line and IRL who are there in good time and bad. And for the fact that right now, times are smooth.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

7. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

As most of the world knows, we Americans have a holiday known as “Thanksgiving Day.” It is a paying of respect to the tradition of giving thanks for what one has. It was started by the early European settlers of North America, who had endured many hardships and finally achieved a level of consistent civility, as well as peace with the native American Indians (though unfortunately, this did not last). It became a tradition to gather friends and relatives and have a large feast together. The invitation would even extend to people not well known, who may not have anywhere to go, as a gesture of generosity.

Regardless of how the tradition started, it is a human-wide convention. I hope everyone around the world can take a moment to give thanks for what they have. Even those who have hardships, there is always something to be thankful for, as well as the hope that the days to come will be better.

On a philosophical note, I hope that those in positions/stations of power and wealth will go beyond simply being thankful, but give generously to those who have much less. ”Giving” can be anything from a material thing to simply consideration and respect. Unfortunately, we have witnessed many such people taking advantage of their positions/stations and exploiting opportunities to the point of harming others. They have helped contribute to a depressed global economy that is creating a quickening gap between the wealthy and “everyone else”. It is well noted that the wealthy prosper most when other people of lesser means are also prospering. They can be thankful that they are not hurting as badly as others, but should be conscious of the fact that they have an abundance well beyond their needs and be willing to sacrifice some of it to help aid in the economic recovery. ”We are all in this together.”

Thank you.

8. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Indeed! I hope the days to come will be even better for you, Tora. :)

9. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    Moochie and Perro

10. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

My family, my friends, my health, my job ... As I posted on Facebook earlier, life may not be perfect, but I do have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm thankful for the usual stuff, family, the one friend I have, this board (even though I don't post much anymore), and my health. While I have a part time job, I'm still looking for something full time but having that part time job is something at least.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

12. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, thank you both, Jetfire and Gary7.

Jetfire, I just looked at your profile and started laughing. You mentioned Rita Heyworth. And I just watched The Shawshank Redemption this afternoon.

13. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, this day ain't going as well as I hoped. Some family members had unexpected guests who came over for a few hours, and that completely put me off. Thanksgiving is usually a family affair for us, but that's okay. I just stayed in my room and watched Super 8 on Vudu.

14. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am thankful for the house I live in, the possibility to have three meals a day if I so choose, that I am not on a hospital bed suffering, that I have clothes to keep me warm through winter.

I am thankful for my family and for my friends, who are very special people and amaze me to no end with their love and affection and thoughtfulness.

I am thankful for my Missus, who is sweet and caring and loving and always pushing me to do better and be a better person.

Yes, there are areas in which life could be better, but it would be an insult to all the people who really suffer to focus on those and forget all that I have and that I can be thankful for. So a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it. :)

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm thankful that I don't have cancer, for my hubby and my nephew and my Mom. I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head, just enough money to not be worried about it every day, and that, should some disaster or crisis every strike, I have people to call who would actually help me out.

16. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I'm thankful that I'm alive after my appendix went crazy. It'll be two weeks ago tomorrow night that mine came out without rupturing.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My family, my health, my Lord, my job, my love. I'd say I have a LOT to be thankful for.

18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I'm glad you're okay, Peach!!

Me, I'm thankful to wake up another day!

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^

Me too. :)

20. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I am thankful for easy access to books and the web which enable me to battle my ignorance on a daily basis.