Thank you to the writers!!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Mage, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A little late, but I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of praise. Star Trek novels are just about my favourite thing right now! Thanks so much for all the hard work you fine people do!

2. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree in thanking the writers for the great entertainment. Also for coming here to post and interact with the fans, it is great fun being able to hear your side of creating the novels and explanations for various things.

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I always feel for the authors who will often drop hints here of the months and months of writing, editing, polishing, then the cover art and blurb get dissected to death, and then the book comes out and someone will mention having just read the book "in a few hours" and pronounces it to be... "meh".

I finished up the new David R George III novel yesterday, "Allegiance in Exile", just as my plane finished landing at London Heathrow airport. Amazing timing! A very enjoyable read with lots of seeds sewn for possible future stories (and links to a few older ones).

Switched planes and started Tony Daniel's "Devil's Bargain" on the trip to Glasgow. So far not too bad. It is keeping me engaged. A few minor quibbles, such as yet another discussion about McCoy's dislike of transporters (but every ST novel is someone's first, so not a major problem), and I think I saw mention of disappointing reviews on this one, but am keeping an open mind.