Terminator-219 "Today Pt2/TLVOTJC Pt2" - Discuss/Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 19, 2009.

?

Grade "TITDP2; TLVOTJC"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

51 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. "If we stay the course we're dead! We're all dead!" (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "You are TERMINATED!" (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

I always thought it was 40 Jigawatts...McFly

What i want to know is who were the T-800's or the Endos that gave the box to Jessie and her crew? Were they another rogue faction? Why would they just give it over to the humans? Was it some kind of human/terminator exchange program? They really need to expound on all that...
    And I gave this episode an Excellent just for the B!tch Jessie getting what she deserved...Awesome. Tho I still dont get how John figured it all out. Thats gonna take a little more explaining that i doubt well get...

2. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Forgetting all the mythology stuff, I thought this was a great episode because they managed to develop the character of "future John" by simply showing how "present John" acts dealing with Jessie. It was a really tightly written episode. I just hope they'll have a chance to do more.

3. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Wow. 18 excellents and an above average. Now THAT is progress. This one was superb though. A rare case of a two-parter not swandiving after part one, and we got a lot of answers at last.

4 to go...

4. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

This show has me cheering for John Conner's demise as well as everyone around him. I wanted Jesse to fight back and kill Derek. I don't like these people one bit. Connor is an arrogant punk and Derek is a slobbering fool who follows him without any hint of ability to think for himself. If Connor is the future of mankind mankind deserves to be killed off.

5. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

Yes. She said "cost US" and he, like a fucking moron, didn't listen to her. What REALLY pisses me off about it is he's tried to get John to get rid of her a bunch of times and she actually had the balls to REALLY try and do it and he gets pissed about it. Loser.

6. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Beyond excellent! Awesome writing, performances, pacing... everything almost perfect.

This was the first time I saw John as a commanding presence, and not a whiney teenager.

And, as soon as a crewman starts acting like an idiot, you should kill him. Don't give him a chance to open Pandora's Box and get people killed. Idiot!!

7. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Great episode, possibly the best they have done, certainly the best of this season. the show has really rebounded from the horribly dull and uninteresting stuff it was putting out a few episodes ago.

I hope the submarine crew isnt indicative of how competent humans in the future are though, otherwise it's no wonder Connor is relying on Terminators more and more.

Also, in the future scene where Cameron debriefed Jessie, did Cameron have on that leather jacket she took back at gunpoint from those kids in the bowling alley last season? Nice to see it survives judgement day and the afterworks without a scratch!

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Terminator wiki claims that the gun wasn't loaded. I'm going to rewatch it this evening to find out.

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I've read a few complaints regarding the ending though where he was crying... apparently the people complaining have never lost anyone close to them...

10. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

I thought the scene with John crying was there to affirm the earlier statement about the Resistance needing to that see he had a human side.

What evidence was there onscreen to say Derek's gun wasn't loaded? I sure didn't see anything.

11. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah that's where I got confused, that was the one part I thought was done pretty clumsy in my opinion

12. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

It's not something you see, it's something you hear. We got a "click" when Derek pulled the trigger, but not a "BANG!". I also suspected there was no bullet in the chamber.

I agree on the last scene - beautifully done, as Cameron either doesn't notice or doesn't know what to do when John looks at her, and then he turns to Sarah for support. I liked it that John spared Jesse, and I liked it that he seemed to realise his future self was also at fault for becoming so aloof. Present John is firmly human though, and he manages to care for and Riley, and Cameron, and Derek, and Sarah, while sparing Jesse.

Future Connor's secrecy (if he is even alive) was a major contribution factor to the mess on the submarine, as he was requiring blind trust in a reprogrammed Terminator (and they can go bad, sometimes). He should have at least told Jesse the real deal (probably afraid of freaking the resistance out with attempt to ally with non-aligned, non-reprogrammed Terminators).

Excellent episode all around, the way an almost season-long arc of Jesse and Riley came together in the end was beautiful. Big contrast to BSG; planning things out really helps.

13. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

This was definitely one of the better episodes. I think this is the first time in the entire series I actually liked and respected John Conner (and the actor as well). He actually came off smart and confident for once. I am annoyed we don't know if Jesse is dead or not though... I assume she is. So was the T-1000 supposed to Robert Patrick since it did the finger wag?

14. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Say what you will about her, but Jesse can always sell any dream to me.

Reese should've done her a favor and shot the mole off her face.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Impossibly Terminator's ratings have climbed AGAIN! A whopping 3.65 million! Last week was 3.50, before that 2.96 their low point. Might it actually get renewed?!

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's hoping

17. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I liked this one, too. John finally acted like a leader--someone you can believe will grow up to lead the survivors. I, too, think Jesse is dead.

It sure would be interesting to see what would happen if the "quicksilver" Terminator had said "yes."

18. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

I'm pretty sure Jesse mentioned in a previous episode the submarine was captained by a T-888.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It was confirmed later in the same episode that he was a T-888 (actually as I typed that post).

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Ok it wouldn't let me edit so I'm just replying:

When Derek pulls the trigger the gun does click which most likely means that Derek didn't kill Jesse.