Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gryffindorian, Jun 23, 2014.

1. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

1 - It was shown in the flashback episode in the third season that Kate was (at the very least) a college student when Derek was sixteen; she was his swimteams coach.

2 - The triskelion is Derek's tattoo, we've been told that the three points on it represent the three different types of werewolf - Alpha, Beta and Omega.

3 - Kate didn't know about the money (and neither did, I think, Derek) and went in for the triskelion - she is working for (not with) the Benefactor but he used her plans to get into the vault to get closer to the money.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I completely forgot about that. That does definitely make it creepy then.
    Ah, thanks for that. I start to forget about things pretty quick when comes to this kind of stuff.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

The "Wendigo" episode was so-so. I feel the start of this season is dragging along. There aren't any interesting plots so far.

I noticed they introduced a new character named Liam, a lacrosse player who just recently got bitten by Scott in an attempt to save him from falling to his death and while being attacked by the Wendigo kid (Sean). The Mute who killed Sean and his family looks creepy.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

They seemed to be concentrating on the "Teen" part of "Teen Wolf" this week. After a couple of weeks of Aztec temples and were-jaguars and such, suddenly there was a lot of emphasis on school and sports and dating and such. It was a bit jarring, but I guess somebody remembered that these are supposed to be teenagers after all . . . .

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't mind it, but I do agree it was a bit jarring. They did say in some of the interviews and stuff before the show started that they were going to try to go back to more of that kind of stuff this season. I thought it was a pretty good mix of the two types of stories myself.
    Do we know yet if Issac is going to be coming back when Chris Argent returns, or is Liam taking his place in the series now?
    I saw a post somewhere about how they need another werewolf now that Isaac is gone, but I had been assuming when Argent came back he'd be with him.
    So what was with the tube The Mute, that's what they called the mouthless dude on MTV's website, put into his neck and all of the compute code? That was weird.

6. Greg Cox

That bit reminded me of Doctor Phibes,who had to plug a cord into his neck in order to speak through vintage audio equipment.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Poll: Is The Mute The Benefactor?
    I said yes. They pretty much seemed to set him up as The Benefactor in all of the prerelease stuff, but I guess they could always have a big twist where it turns out it's someone else.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Why would he have needed anyone to help him get into the vault, or do any work for him for that matter? Dude comes across as unstoppable for the most part, having no problem taking out a whole family of Wendigos. In fact, it was so easy for him he turned it into a game with the son.

9. tenmei

Because only a Hale could get in - and the easiest way to get in was to get Kate to use Derek by putting him back in age to being sixteen? ;p

My mate and I rewatched the first three episodes - on the assumption that the Mute isn't the Benefactor, then we think that the Benefactor is someone we have already encountered.

Therefore, possibilities -

-- Deputy Parrish, who is becoming far too comfortable with the things that are happening (the larder in the wendigo house)

-- Rafe McCall, who lacks any cohesive reason for sticking around in Beacon Hills otherwise

-- Liams stepfather or Liam's (unseen) mother, because every time they've brought in a new character their parents have had something to hide (Kira's mum being a kitsune, Isaac's dad being a child abuser)

10. Gryffindorian

:lol: I thought you meant Rafe McCawley from Defiance.

11. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't know about the computer code, but I assume that the tube is a sort of feeding tube. As soon as I saw the Mute, How does he eat? was my first thought. The writers must have had the same concern; hence the tube scene.

As for the episode being TEEN wolf instead of teen WOLF, I appreciated the brief bit of normalcy on the show. The writers even mined a little humor from this with the scene between Stiles and Scott -- "There's been a mass homicide! Let's go check it out!" "Nooo, let's go to class instead." :lol:

At least they're addressing the fact that these characters still have homework and normal responsibilities since some other paranormal teen shows (Vampire Diaries, for instance) barely ever mention school even in passing, let alone showing them attending school. I still want the show's focus to be the supernatural stuff, but this sort of episode now and then is more than fine with me.

Side note: For a "normal-ish" episode, this one had a brilliant tease before the opening credits. Great suspenseful scene with the kid discovering the bloody cat and hiding from the killer, creepy cool introduction to the Mute, and a nice twist with the sound of the breaking glass and the shot of the kid running down the street. I love a well-produced tease -- the X-Files being the high bar that I measure all others by -- and this tease was X-Files worthy.

12. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Were the wendingo and Liam in the last episode? The one still on my dvr? Or do I need to be filled in due to a lack of memory?

13. tenmei

It was this weeks episode - so the one still on your DVR.

14. Gryffindorian

Tonight's episode was better than last week's. Since Liam survived the bite, he has been turned by Scott into a werewolf. His first full moon was pretty rough, and he would've seriously hurt or killed Scott, if not for Chris Argent's last-minute appearance. At the party, Stiles was able to help Malia from transforming and losing control while Lydia deciphered a cryptic message. The big question now is, who wants them all dead?

My favorite part was when Derek and Sheriff Stilinsky confronted the Mute. "You have the right to remain silent." :guffaw: Then came Peter with a vengeance who eviscerated the silent assassin. Wow, that was pure rage.

15. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I really liked this episode. I thought the best part was Stiles' exasperation at Scott's corney attempts to talk to Liam

16. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What was it Stiles said? "This is why I make the plans. Your plans suck." I had to laugh because it's true.

17. Greg Cox

So, money seems to be an issue this season. Stile's dad is in debt. Lydia's family is apparently broke. The Hales got ripped off to the tune of $71 million or so. And now somebody is posting bounties on supernaturals?

Gotta imagine all these financial crises are going to converge at some point . . ..

18. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

My favourite of the season so far, great character bits, which for me makes the series, as I really can't decipher most of the mythology, too much going on... but hey, it's a lot of fun.;)

19. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Lydia's family isn't broke. Her mom just said that Lydia would have top pay for any damages out of her own money/credit

20. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

This show teases with more upskirt shots than any anime I've ever seen.