TBBS Fanfic Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Naraht, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Hoshi's sis

Hoshi's sis Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

thanks Jedikatie. I haven't read these yet but I will definately give them a look because I have heard lots of good things about them. :thumbsup:

Anna Yolei likes this.
  2. boushh

boushh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You haven't read them? Good stuff. :)

3. Rikerbabe

Rikerbabe Commodore Commodore

I was persuing this wonderful fanfic for a second time and realized that she had started writing the sequel Home :). So far there's only 8 chapters, but it's GOOD.

Find it at http://www.picard-crusher.net/HOME.htm

4. TJinLOCA

TJinLOCA Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And I'm beta-ing the next story in the series right now - Star Trek: Endeavour - Icarus. :thumbsup:

Rigil really knows how to tell a great story!

5. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure, in the MU for example that's very true. However, in every AU, except the Mirror Universe, we see the characters act within the core of themselves: in Twilight, T'Pol is about duty, obligation, self-sacrifice and loyalty. Her character doesn't change drastically. In E2, T'Pol is still about these things, just picks a different path. Her character doesn't change drastically.

Archer did in this story, and its sequel.

Yes, it's clear T'Pol dislikes Archer because he's abusive, including to a boy he thinks is his son. I guess my argument is twofold:
    * T'Pol would never marry him if that were true.
    * Archer doesn't seem to be that kind of a person. And I'm not sure, because it's not made clear, why he's like that, other than that's the writer's view of the character.

AATP's intent was to punish a character, imo. And it's why I indicated this was not good story telling.

There are many good stories that fall within excellent T/T'P writing - Quills has some good stuff, as does Zane. In their stories everyone is a hero. Refreshing!

Here are some of my favorite stories:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1446883/1/
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2247140/1/
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2742177/1/
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1546339/1/

6. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just putting in my vote for ghiaman74's fantastic Dominion War tale, Nightingale's Song. Fantastic action, well drawn characters, drama, angst, and oh yeah... The Badlands!

The story is posted here on the fanfic board. :)

DavidFalkayn's USS Sutherland series offers a marvelous mix of canon and original characters aboard one of the most professional yet fun-filled starships in the Fleet. These people work hard, and play harder. :D These stories are very much worth your time.

7. Star Trek Mirror Wars

Star Trek Mirror Wars Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

8. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

(W.I.P.)
    "Star Trek: Avalon" - by Jason K.S. Hauck
    http://www.geocities.com/trekfan1975/FanFiction_Engineering.html

Synopsis: 3 Years have passed since the Dominion War. The signatories of the one-time "Alpha Quadrant Alliance" have all granted Starfleet & The U.F.P. safe passage across their territory to explore on their behalf. The U.S.S. Voyager has safely returned to Earth. Advances have been made. Now that the war is over, some are free to resume making long term arrangements.

Sophie Grimes & her fledgling crew have been hand-picked from throughout the tattered remainder of Starfleet to handle this important five year mission.

The U.S.S. Avalon-C NCC 27936-C, (an upgraded Loknar-style starship with modern Sovereign-Class attributes) has been slapped together by the S.C.E. & dispatched on a TOS-style adventure to the furthest reaches of charted Beta Quadrant space to peer over the edge of the detectable horizon toward the Delta Quadrant.

Just remember, Trouble comes in ~all~ sizes and shapes....

9. Emperor Tiberius

Emperor Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Hey hellsgate, I was interested to see that you had posted a link here in the ff recom's to an off-site story of yours, but when I went there to read this Avalon instead I found a Visionaries fic by somebody other then you. Huh? What's up with that, and where's this Avalon? Sounds interesting and I'd like to read it, thanks...

10. Captain X

Captain X Rear Admiral

The only Avalon I knew about was a fic that took place in the far future and used the "End of the Federation" setting that Andromeda did. It was a pretty good fic, which took a lot from Firefly (or Blake 7 depending on how you look at it), but unfortunately after a season and a half they called it quits.

11. Rikerbabe

Just read an additional 4 chapters- thanks for the update! Keep on writing, Ke Roth !!

12. kEROTH

kEROTH Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks! RL has been nasty of late, but I'm slowly getting back on track.

Ke

13. Rikerbabe

Appreciate it; it just made me go back and re-read what you'd already written, which is never a chore. :)

14. Gibraltar

I highly recommend Juzam Djinn's fantastic Supermax series about the Federation's Sundancer Penal Colony. It's Star Trek meets Oz, and it's as entertaining as it is thought provoking. And oh, remember, don't get stuck in the chow line behind the Klingons. Bad things, man... bad things. ;)

15. Commander Ryker

Commander Ryker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey guys, was trying to access Orders of magnitude, but for some reason the link is unknown. Can someone direct mme to the new link?

Thank!!!!

16. Gibraltar

Just putting in a good word for DavidFalkayn’s new Star Trek: Lexington series. Set aboard the original Constitution-class USS Lexington under the command of Commodore Bob Wesley, it’s a throwback to the rough-and-tumble days of TOS, and it’s one helluva ride.

Well drawn characters, though provoking situations, and plenty of action combine to make it a series that is very much worth your time.

Lexington: Meet the Lady

17. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

I have to stand in line and recommend JM1776's Liberty fics. Well-written, with excellent plots and great character development.

Naraht's How To Advance Your Career Through Marriage, When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again, and Pearl (only ones I can remember, and I'm not sure about that last title) are wonderful. Yes, they're P/C, but also so much more. The detail, the plot...*sigh* they're just awesome. I'd like to credit her and mackillian with putting the little thought nugget in my brain, unconsciously, which propelled me to try my hand at fanfic as well.

Speaking of mackillian, her Snow Falling Softly is also incredible. More P/C, but the way it's written and the different take it has on certain episodes is worth the reading.

18. Naraht

Naraht Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Too kind. :o

19. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm adding a shout-out for Rigil Kent's latest work-in-progress Divergent Paths. A great story and lots of Trip/T'Pol goodness...for those of you who appreciate such things, of course. :D

20. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Note: All stories listed are incomplete Work In Progress documents.

[*] "Star Trek: Exeter"
    After losing his son to the Totality, & his wife to poisoning, Kirk's reassigned to a Legacy-Class starship.

[*] "Star Trek: Mandela"
    The Captain & Crew of a Legacy-Class starship -- assigned to humanitarian support of the decimated Cardassian homeworld -- discover a belligerant new Cardassian "Minutemen" regime whom have signed a deal with the 'Conspiracy' parasites.

[*] "Star Trek: Vonnegut"
    The new adventures of Captain Morgan "Bulldog" Bateson.

[*] "Star Trek: Avalon"
    A widow of the Dominion War is requested & required to assume command of a new starship exploring the boundaries of known space.

http://www.geocities.com/trekwriter31/FanFic.html