News Syfy developing 'Lobo' as a 'Krypton' spin-off

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kai "the spy", Jun 12, 2019.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really..he could be the DC Deadpool...and upgrade his teleportation to include other universes

XCV330 likes this.
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I had to watch Lobo's first big scene in this week's episode with closed captioning on and the sound muted, because there was a flash flood warning drowning out the audio (and then it somehow crashed my cable box so I'll have to wait until a repeat or On Demand to see the rest of the episode), but even just from the written dialogue and what little I heard of the spoken dialogue before then, I already profoundly loathe this version of Lobo. Surprisingly, Emmett Scanlan's acting isn't the worst part. It's just the way the character is written, trying to be offensively funny but totally missing the latter part.

3. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I feel a little bad saying this, but this actually makes me happy since it means we could maybe we can get a new version of the character on one of the Arrowverse shows. From the start I've thought the character seemed like he would be a better fit for Legends of Tomorrow than Krypton, at least based on what I saw of it.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'd be just as happy to see no more Lobo, period. I find it highly problematical that a character who literally exterminated his entire species is treated as a fun comic-relief antihero. In a purely satirical/comedic context, that could be brushed off, but in a universe that's played largely seriously, where genocidal characters are usually treated as pure villains, it just feels wrong.