SWAT 4: Sill Amazing after all these years...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by USS Mariner, Jan 11, 2010.

1. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just picked up a copy of Swat4 after Spoony's video-playthroughs piqued my interest...

...haven't stopped playing it since. It's probably the most enjoyable FPS I've owned. The squad AI still needs some work, but the level design, graphic quality, and general look and feel are top notch. Best of all, it still runs perfectly, with graphics cranked up to "batshit"...on a quad-core running Windows 7. :wtf:

Windows 7 can run a 5 year-old-game without any problems. I still can't believe it, even when I'm busting WACO wannabes with beanbag shotties.

Anyone else still playing this?

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I keep meaning to reinstall it. I'll be running it on win7-64 and hadn't thought to check up on it before.

I won't say it's my favourite fps, but it is an enjoyable one. First time I played it on single player though, I was a little rough with one of the "bystanders". Thought they were attacking my team at the time and I had the .45 out . That earned me a black mark.

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There used to be a strictly co-op server that I played on constantly.

It's too bad that Sierra is dead, because I'd love to see a sequel with some more improvements. Probably the only annoying thing is that to get 100% in the game, you basically have to carry non-lethal weapons... which is fine, but kind of kills the realism.

4. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My system runs Win7-64bit on a quad-core with a 1Gb graphics card and 6Gb RAM.

Yeah, but it prevents the inevitable friendly fire incidents. :lol:

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I used to play co-op alot with a friend and deffo a really good game that visually looks sweet even 4 and half years after release. The AI was a little annoying though but the random respawn everytime you loaded up a level gave it great replay value. I still have it and the expansion pack somewhere.

I hope one day someone makes a SWAT 5, its perfect for a game to play over XBL.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great fun in co-op. Nothing like sneaking through a dark building and then tasering your partner in the back for laughs...or if you fail a mission by filling someone you shouldn't then it becomes a fun game of hunt each other down.

7. pajamahead

pajamahead Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Been playing this 3 days a week at work during lunch with some friends online for the past 2 years. Awesome game. We having been playing this since it came out, usually at lan parties, and for a while thursday nights.

8. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

You're in my way sir.