Sussman Responds to Cogley!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by MikeSussman, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnM

JohnM Admiral Admiral

I just might. It will come true, watch and see!

2. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

If it does, I'll buy you a beer John.

And then I'll stop watching "Enterprise" forever. :lol:

3. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Cheers for ACTUALLY writing some truth and ending the long line of arse kissing.

It was a refreshing change.

4. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for helping point that out, Sam - I haven't been able to get in here for a couple of days. :)

Not the miniseries, the 1984 David Lynch movie. Patrick Stewart played Gurney Halleck. Look here.

5. JohnM

JohnM Admiral Admiral

Cool! Thanks!

I didnt know he was in "Sesame Street" (1969) :eek:

6. Samuel T. Cogley

Section 31 covered it up!!!!! :lol:

7. JohnM

JohnM Admiral Admiral

:lol:

Thats it!

Thanks again Mr Sussman.

8. CaptJack

CaptJack Captain Captain

Now THAT would make a good Enterprise episode!

REED: I dont like the look of this neighborhood, Captain.
    ARCHER: Probably nothing to worry about, Malcolm. Oh look, a gazelle.
    *Trashcan lid begins to open*
    REED: Captain, look out! Its an ambush!
    *Reed reacts quickly and zaps Oscar as he emerges from his can*
    REED: This little fellow doesnt look too friendly. I'd better take him up to Enterprise for some questioning and...
    *notices giant bird approaching*
    ...Ohhhh shit!

9. Samuel T. Cogley

Just remember. No human can see a Romulan, and no human can see Snuffleupagus.

10. ZephyrCJW

ZephyrCJW Commander Red Shirt

(shaking head)

Mr. Sussman shows a great deal of respect by coming to this BBS to post, when he isn't required to do so and certainly has enough stress in life that he doesn't need to put up with the boorish, rude and immature comments in this thread.

I doubt whether those of you who made the rude comments will ever be fortunate enough to be in Mr. Sussman's shoes, but it is obviously apparent you would never handle yourselves with the grace and dignity he does.

In addition, I've got news for some of you: Thanking someone is not the same as ass kissing. It's called courtesy. Look it up in the dictionary if you're unsure on the concept.

Mr. Sussman, thank you for your work and for your courage in posting here!

11. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

Sadly, I can't read Sussman's response because I'm waiting for this ep to air in the UK, but I thought I'd chiime in say HOORAY! to Mr. Sussman coming in and communing with the fans. We love that!

d

12. Hbomb

Hbomb Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm getting a little misty from the nostalgia. I haven't heard the seething,"look it up in the dictionary" verbal lashing since I was 12 years old.

Screw the troops.

By God! I admire YOUR courage Sussman. Come home soon.

*Goes to find a ribbon to pin on lapel*

13. ZephyrCJW

ZephyrCJW Commander Red Shirt

And to think that was only one year ago...

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I've not read Star Trek - The Magazine, but this quote expresses my sentiments exactly. :)

I stopped watching the show last year, but tuned into this season's finale to see if anything had changed. While I enjoyed seeing the captain act with a sense of authority and was entertained by the faster pacing, I eventually changed channels because the episode recycled concepts I (as a longtime ST viewer) have seen before.

After a long absence from this forum, curiosity brought me back to read Samuel T. Cogley's detailed and amusing review. And like Ptrope, I appreciated reading MikeSussman's good-natured response. But with all due respect, Mr. Sussman, I gauge the quality of a show based on what I see, not on what was originally intended.

Although others here will undoubtedly disagree with me, I believe the characters need to be written with greater complexity. They still seem rather one-dimensional to me. I have other beefs about the show (all to do with the nature of storytelling), but that really is not the purpose of my post today. I simply wanted to let you know -- in lieu of an official letter to Paramount -- that as much as I want to watch the show, I don't find the storylines at all interesting. For me, the promise of a daring prequel, one that showed the dangers and raw newness of deep space, has not been effectively realized.

I'm glad, however, that others are still enjoying the show. I wish, truly wish, I could say the same because watching ST has been a longtime part of my TV viewing habits and it feels odd not to watch the latest ST franchise.

Yes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.