Submit TNG production questions

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by 22 Stars, Feb 3, 2012.

1. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My understanding is that "too short a season" was an episode that was going to include Captain Kirk. I don't remember if there was a reason they didn't go that route, or if they planned to include him in a future episode at some point?

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

That sounds suspiciously like Wendy Neuss. How close am I? ;)

3. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who (of the main cast members) ate the most of the food at meal breaks?

4. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funniest person on set?

Who was the unsung hero on the crew?

Who had the biggest trailer?

Can you remember the day when Roddenberry died?

Can you remember the day Mark Leonard/Leonard Nimoy/Jimmy Doohan came onto the set?

Who opened the turbolift doors?

Who was the first to break up a scene by laughing?

That should keep you going.

:D

5. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Ask them to define the relationship between Berman and Roddenberry. I'd be interested in when they began to part ways in their creative vision of the show and how the writers kept it together when the fighting began. And which writers fell into each camp.

Thanks!

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ask about Maurice Hurley and how he was seen by the other staff, including the writers.

7. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

Berman did his best to keep TNG true to the Gene's vision. I'm sorry if this wasn't clear, but this is to jog her memory not write an expose.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Were there any famous guest stars we almost had? I know about Robing Williams but that's about it.

9. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Going off this post, what about famous guest visitor. For example I recall hearing about Reagan visiting the TNG set at one point.

10. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

I can actually answer some of these:

• DP's Jonathan West and Marvin Rush didn't start thinking about protecting for 16x9 until Season 5 of DS9 and Season 3 of VOY.
    • They used Panavision zoom lenses and Kodak film stock. They weren't limited to any one focal length.
    • They shot 4-perf with standard 35mm cameras at least until the seasons mentioned.
    • Anamorphic lenses were only used to accomplish certain post production panning shots as seen in "The Last Outpost" and "The Battle", among others.

11. 22 Stars

Ok well that was fun, we talked TNG for over 3 hours and there will be more conversations to come. They would like to shoot her sit-down at the end of February so we have a few more weeks to talk. Lots of great stories, some can be shared in the interview and, some not :) Below are the answers that she could provide.

Here is the setting I provided for our discussion:

http://flic.kr/p/bpQSVt

12. 22 Stars

There were writers meetings outside of the general production staff meetings where these were discussed.

In addtion to anecdotes they are going to provide some guiding questions shortly.

She often ate at the commiasary, not from crafts services :)

Saw that interview. No she does not think there actually were blooper reels from each season surprisingly enough.

This seems to be the case. And were not regularly presented even at holiday parties etc. as we hear many other shows do.

Seems to be a combination of both. I do not believe we will see many if any. But access to the original footage could change this

It was a change in DP and new blood creating a more 'modern' style show vs. the old guard who started TNG.

Not sure on the tech, but only much later in the series was there consideration for other formats (16x9 aspect ratio).

No information sadly on this.

Some very funny and touching stories about Majel, and other cast members. Hand doubles used throughout the series in some very amusing ways. Sorry to be vague but would like to keep the anecdotes fresh for my friend. Will post more soon!

Also she loved that people cared enough to ask questions so keep them coming and I will do a phase 2 before the interview!

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Stick to your guns. Tell her to stop avoiding the question.

14. 22 Stars

I'm satisfied with that answer, I hope you enjoyed it being asked. We ordered in last night, and she enjoyed a chicken quesadilla.

15. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Out of curiosity, are you ever going to cop to who it might be? You know once the discs are out and we see the interviews it's gonna be fairly obvious who it is anyway. :)

16. 22 Stars

Oh of course, as has been mentioned it is fairly obvious. PM me anytime.

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I smell a cover up, or is that the quesadilla?

18. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^Probably the fajitas. That smell just doesn't go away.

19. 22 Stars

No fajitas, sorry. Thanks for caring though.

20. 22 Stars

Just an update, today my friend is meeting with the producer of the TNG-R bonus content today. She won't be shooting her sit-down just yet. She wanted more information and questions prior to shooting anything. Will update with anything I can share!