Studio Size Enterprise Refit Reproduction Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Workbee, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Workbee

Workbee Commander Red Shirt

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere: it looks like someone has created an eight foot Enterprise models. So basically there is now a studio size model of the E refit in its TMP condition. And donated it to the Museum of Science Fiction in Washington D

Here is the link to the page on the Museum of Science Fiction on this model: https://www.museumofsciencefiction.org/kuhn-collection

Here is the link to the Kurt Kurn’s sure chronicling the project (with tons of gorgeous pictures): http://www.kuhnglobal.net/?p=3648

I vaguely remember someone starting one about 8 years ago. I had almost forgotten about it and had kinda assumed it was never going to get finished. Very happy to see that I was wrong.

Mods: If there is a different forum that this thread should be in, can you please move it there? Thanks!

2. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome, took a lot of work..

3. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Great googly moogly! That's fan-TASTIC!

I can't even begin to imagine the time and effort that went into creating this gorgeous beauty, not to mention the cost. When Magicam built the refit Enterprise studio model in 1978 for Star Trek: The Motion Picture, the miniature cost the production the princely sum of $150,000 (about $589,000 in 2019 bucks).

(EDITED TO ADD: Just finished perusing his project site, and now I know exactly what the time and effort were: 2,500+ hours and over $65,000. Now that is dedication.)

Drooling. I am absolutely drooling with envy at the skill and artistry. A true masterpiece.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Q2UnME and Galileo7 like this.
  4. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"First Startup" video here:

This legit gave me chills - especially around the 4-minute mark when they turned on the running lights and deflector to the appropriate musical cue from TMP. A masterpiece of studio model reproduction!

Mark

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Just amazing

6. Retrograde Orbit

Retrograde Orbit Lieutenant Red Shirt

Holy crap! How have I missed this... Amazing.