"Storage compartments, storage compartments?"

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Emperor Norton, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yup, that's why Barris had already two strikes. It's the whole absurdity of a priority one distress call to simply post guards around storage compartments.

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

There's an unanswered question that comes up though, and I don't think I've ever seen it addressed.

We know Scott beamed the Enterprise's tribbles onto the Klingon ship, who most likely promptly killed them, though it might have taken a few hours.

But Kirk tells Cyrano Jones, "Pick up every tribble on the space station."

Now Jones' ship is already in impound by Mr. Lurry, and Kirk says he will speak to him about returning the ship on completion of the task. Presumably, Jones will not be allowed on his own ship until then.

So where did Cyrano put all those tribbles over the 17.9 years it took to do the job?

3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

BBQ for Sherman's Planet. Protein diet until they get more grain shipped in, and then to supplement the grain diet for nearly 18 years.

It turns out he finished in about two years thanks to his stolen Tribble predator.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Gee, I forgot about that. It's on the disk and I haven't watched it since it aired. I'm glad I didn't make it a new topic. ;)

5. Funky_Winkerbean

Funky_Winkerbean Cadet Newbie

Storage compartments? Storage compartments? The what? What?
    is a tour-de-force Shatner delivery. Kirk/Shatner cracks me up with his utter agitation with Nils Baris for making a priority 1 distress call about quadro-triticale. Dude puts an entire quadrant on defense alert for wheat. Haha the death glare his aims at Arne Darvin for correcting him is epic.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/04bd5aac-de2c-4baf-bf4d-df4f2964ccec

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

First, welcome to the board.

Second, please take some time to review the rules for posting here, pinned at the top of this forum.

This thread has been dead for nearly seven years. Let's let it rest in peace, shall we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.