STID: What we know so far (poss. spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Ryan8bit, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Sometimes I can't remember who said what and when, so I went back and collected a bunch of links pertaining to details of Star Trek Into Darkness. I think it's good to have a repository for all the pertinent information. Nothing here is personal speculation, just mostly reports from Trekmovie.com. And I'll edit this first post later as new info comes.

Star Trek Into Darkness
    Premieres May 17th, 2013
    Filmed in 2D but converted to 3D.

Villain

Confirmed to be played by Benedict Cumberbatch.
    Originally Benicio Del Toro was offered the part, but declined.
    Edgar Ramirez and Jordi Molla were also considered, as was Demian Bichir.

Simon Pegg claimed he heard no mention of Khan, but Trekmovie.com later claimed from their sources that Khan was indeed being played by Cumberbatch. Pegg later reiterated that it's not Khan.

Roberto Orci ruled out Gary Mitchell and Charlie X. Not much later, Karl Urban claimed Cumberbatch was playing Mitchell, although he may have been joking. Orci later stood by his word.

Has a fight scene with Spock and is seen to be able to resist the Vulcan nerve pinch.
    He's also shown as wearing the black Starfleet uniform shirt.

Additional new cast

Alice Eve chosen for major role, thought to be new to canon.
    In the teaser trailer, she is shown to be a Starfleet science officer.

Peter Weller chosen for major role, thought to be a supporting role to the main villain.
    Said to be playing a "C.E.O."
    Weller mentioned that he has his own ship, and hints that he may be human.

Noel Clarke cast as "a family man with a wife and young daughter."

Nazneen Contractor cast as Clarke's character's wife.

Joseph Gatt cast in unknown role.

Nolan North was cast in a cameo role.

Anjini Azhar cast as the daughter of Noel Clarke and Nazneen Contractor's characters.

Roberto Orci ruled out Janice Rand from appearing.

Returning guest roles

Bruce Greenwood was written into the sequel.

Trekmovie.com's sources said that Nimoy would be returning, despite that [Unknown source] claims that no original series actors would be in the film.

'Cupcake' slated to return.

Aliens shown

Trekmovie.com's sources initially posted about Klingons, and from shots in the teaser trailer this was shown to be true.

Plot

Said to not be a remake.

Official synopsis

In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Released media

First poster
    Teaser Trailer
    Japanese Teaser Trailer showing additional scene, which is said to be Spock and Cumberbatch's character.

2. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great post! I dont have the patience to have created a post like yours so kudos to you my friend! :) This thread/post should be pinned to the top!

3. Ryan8bit

Well, I wanted to update the original post, but apparently editing posts has a time limit. Oh well?

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Yeah, it's something like 24 hours, but you could post something here and I could probably do a merge with the other post.

5. Ryan8bit

Well, I was planning on updating it regularly, so I wouldn't really want to put you through any hassle. But if you like hassle, I'll do it. :)