Stephen King’s IT movie announced for September 2017

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 5, 2015.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

There is no way the infamous scene from the book will ever be adapted, both because its really stupid (I never bothered with the book, but I know about the scene) and because its really fucked up (in a very bad way) in a way not even an HBO show would deal with. Its probably one of the worst things King ever wrote, easily the worst that I'm aware of, and I really don't see anything close to it appearing in the movie.

As for the trailer, it was ok, except the clown still looks stupid to me. He has buck teeth which is distracting, he looks more lame then intimidating and the bit where we hear his voice wasn't scary. I like the mini series fairly well (its the first real horror thing I remember seeing back when I was a young kid who shouldn't have been watching it, so I have some nostalgia for it), but this is looking disappointing. Still, maybe it will be a surprise hit. A lot will depend on the writing, and how good the child actors are.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Jessica Chastain in Negotiations to Play Adult Beverly in Upcoming 'It' Sequel

http://deadline.com/2018/02/jessica-chastain-it-sequel-beverly-sophia-lillis-1202296503/

Great choice! I hope she gets to be Bev.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018