STC Ep. 8: ???....

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Warped9, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I know but I guess they want it to tie into continuity

2. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

I will concede you that. However, Vic has been consistent from the start of STC that this was his goal. Whether we accept it or not will depend on how good it is I guess. Two more weeks :)

3. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that was the plan all along. Like it or don't, Vic laid out his vision for his series and with very few exceptions has stuck to it.

Promises made and kept, little or no drama played out in public, good relationships with industry pros and IP owners, etc. He's set a great example for all up and coming fan film producers. Not everyone can say the same.

BeatleJWOL, Zaminhon, Astra and 7 others like this.
  4. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I don't think there was ever an official announcement one way or the other. Once CBS started selling the DVD sets, TAS and references to it appeared on star trek.com, which sort of supports "reintegration". Or maybe that's representative of a company that doesn't care all that much about canon, but just wants to sell people stuff.

Its decanonization is sort of silly anyway, sure there were a few goofy episodes, but we saw plenty of goofiness in TOS and the TNG and later spinoffs. Plus, most people forget that in the same breath he supposedly* decanonized TAS, Rodenberry also said he didn't consider much in the TOS movies canon and any TOS episodes where it differed from TNG, likely because he was all-in on TNG being the definitive version of his vision for Star Trek.

* I say "supposedly" because all of these comments weren't direct from Roddenberry anyway, but told third-hand by Richard Arnold.

DarKush likes this.
  5. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I take everything Richard Arnold says with an entire sea of salt.

drt, Harvey, Firebird and 1 other person like this.
  6. DavidAntman

DavidAntman Lieutenant Red Shirt

I would honestly donate a HUGE chunk of cash to ST:C if they tie TOS into TMP. I for one LOVE the shouts-outs to later series, and 99% of folks I know do so as well. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Danlav05 likes this.
  7. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

I'd like to see some wildly different adventures with no hint of an ending until the final episode. I don't want to see a four-part finale. I also want to see their planet set - I hope they completed it as promised.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  8. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I want TMP vignettes set during the 3 off years between the show and the movies. One with Scotty deciding it needs a more extensive refit; one with Kirk disliking his new desk role; One more set on Vulcan with Spock in some sort of training session. Slowly start building the TMP Bridge with donations. See what happens.......

9gs likes this.
  9. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're definitely going to set up the characters for where we find them in TMP. Unfortunately, they're no longer accepting donations because they've already shot the remaining episodes.
    It's supposed to be a two-part finale, or at least that's been the last word on the subject. They've also said the planet set was finished and will appear in the finale.

Zaminhon likes this.
  10. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

I think they are saying that's it. They are done after EP 11. Keep in mind we may not see the final for awhile, since they usually premier these at major conventions.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  11. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I know.... its unlikely; its just a wish. They are just reaching their stride. I don't want to see it end yet.

My pipe dream is the post TMP 5 Year Mission some day, from some outfit. I wish CBS had it in them to do it, but that won't happen, as wonderful as it could be in this weird retro nostalgic modern day. I know Vic and Company won't go this route at this point in time, but since technically they are bridging the gap between TOS and TMP, a few vignettes that take place after the end of TOS but before TMP wouldn't be expensive, long, time consuming, or out of place, in terms of a character narrative connecting TOS to TMP. A few character vignettes wouldn't break any guidelines, as 10 to 15 minutes would be more then enough.

9gs likes this.
  12. Firebird

Firebird Commodore Commodore

On the Cinerama screen, in glorious Technicolor.
    Vic said in the recent edition of the newsletter that they're premiering all of the episodes this year as each one gets finished up.

13. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

I hope when they decide which convention, we get some notice in case we want to attend. Like maybe the final in SLC?

14. 9gs

9gs Commander Red Shirt

Show up at Vic's with briefcase full and cash and post results here please. :)

Phoenix219 likes this.
  15. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Great news about the planet set.

16. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

In the video interview Vic confirms a lead in to the movie(s).

And two-part finale?! Really? I'm so down for that!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  17. DavidAntman

I've honestly scoured the Facebook boards, interviews, their newsletter, ect. and I can't find anything regarding a two-part finale. Are you certain? If so, can you cite your source?

18. DavidAntman

They didn't. Both Roddenberry and Paramount said it isn't canon. CBS briefly listed it as "part of the Trek canon" on their old website when they first acquired the property and decided to put it out on DVD, but quickly changed that phrasing. Today, Trek licenses that CBS issues to third parties exclude TAS from canon. I personally wish that weren't the case as I love TAS, but it is what it is.

DarKush likes this.
  19. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, I'm not certain at all. I thought I had heard it through official channels a long time ago. Maybe it was just mentioned as a possibility in one of those elusive radio interviews with Vic, or maybe I just dreamed it. Sorry, must be getting old.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  20. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't worry about that. If you like it then that's good enough.