StarTrekBeyond.com

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by mgummelt, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I thought CBS Television Studios has the exclusive rights to develop any new Star Trek television property, and Paramount controls film projects?

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That's how I always interpreted things. But I'm sure this will get more and more contrived as the days pass. There will be a non-disclosure agreement, so no information ever gets out.

It feels like the Facebook people who claimed there would be a series announced on 'X' date and then when that date comes and goes, they claim it has been moved to 'Y' date.

I'm curious to see the OP's answer to Maurice's question.

3. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

So, that's what I get for not reading back further: I didn't realize that the writer involved was posting in the thread, or I'd have been a bit more tactful. Which is not to say that I would have changed the functional content of what I said. My cynical mind says that there's a fix in, somewhere.

That said, mgummelt, if you really are just a fan like the rest of us who has managed to get a little more plugged in than most, then I wish you luck. :techman:

4. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Well, I mean, Paramount still has to produce its Trek films under license from CBS, so I have no idea why anyone at Paramount would invite a guy with an idea for a fan film to pitch a television series -- considering Trek on television is something that Paramount literally has no involvement with.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That's always been my understanding. But it seems logic has been thrown out the window here.

Story has been picked up by Slashfilm...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-trek-uncharted/

6. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

The CBS rights was my first question in the TrekToday article discussion.

Following on from his refreshing statement of optimism and dismissal of naysaying, he does at least somewhat address the CBS question in the Slashfilm article:
    I like people with spirit who won't take negativity for an answer. I am curious about the implied mechanism between Paramount and CBS.