Starship Farragut

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by acman73, Nov 30, 2015.

1. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  2. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

Starship Farragut is an independent film series based on the original series of Star Trek. Starship Farragut focuses on the crew of the U.S.S. Farragut, a Constitution Class Starship (NCC-1647) commanded by Captain John T. Carter, and takes place during the time of legendary Captain James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise (NCC-1701).

Sit down and take over communications - there are some important messages coming down the comet's tail about Starship Farragut very soon!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  3. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

From the board FAQ:

5. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

Check out the new video about Homecoming!

[Crowdfunding link to shill for money removed. GLS]

6. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

7. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Acman73:

Please familiarize yourself with the board rules--notably posting overly large images, posting links to kickstarters, and posting more than twice in a row in a single thread.

Thanks.

http://www.trekbbs.com/faq.php

8. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

NEW FILM – HOMECOMING
    The newest Farragut adventure, “Homecoming,” is full of intrigue, comedy and romance. A 'decompression' story, it is loosely inspired by Star Trek The Next Generation episode "Family," and fans will get to see a more personal side of the Captain as he visits family from his home planet. There, Carter faces issues of personal trauma, family identity and ethical conundrums. We will meet new characters and a new alien race, as well as catch up with the Farragut regulars we already know and love. The screenplay was written and directed by Paul R. Sieber, who also penned our most recent and action-packed episode, "The Crossing" and the fan-favorite, "The Price of Anything."

9. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I'm looking forward to The Crissong and Homecoming but I admit I am sooo excited they're taking the characters in to the movie era!

Apart from Potemkin it's long un-explored by fan films, and the fact that we have 6 episodes, 2 animations a few short films and a sprinkle of crossover appearances as a backstory for Farragut Forward makes the world of this crew significantly vast! We already know these characters.

Not to mention that Farragut have proven they can deliver the required quality to make the series well, I look forward to the TWOK era recreations!

10. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

As do I, I wish more fanfilms did the TWOK/TUC/Lost eras! I am excited to see their sets! With Forward, they are using a TWOK style sets, It will be interesting if they choose to go with the retro 70's graphics that were in the TWOK sets or with okudagrams.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  11. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Commodore Commodore

I had a bit of a panic attack when I saw they were done after this... and then was very pleased when I figured out they were going for a movie-era thing.

Is there ANYONE else in the movies era right now, besides Potemkin? Tales From the Seventh Fleet was there, but it's long gone. Outpost is pre-TNG but way after the movies, and I believe that's also true of Star Trek: The Continuing Mission. Phase II keeps flirting with advancing to the movies era, but it's taking the transition slowly.

I wonder why it gets neglected.

12. batboy853

batboy853 Captain Captain

There were two that fizzled away Lexington and Hathaway both looked promising but nothing ever released.

It will be interesting if the Forward sets will have the ability to be easily redressed to match a TNG era set. after-all the TMP bridge eventually became the TNG battle bridge and others in the first season.

13. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/inside-acting

The King of DC Media, William Powell, welcomes John Broughton Excutive Producer of the upcoming Star Trek-inspired film, Starship Farragut: Homecoming, and actor\writer Paul Sieber who plays Security Officer Prescott. The film will feature cameos by Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee and legendary horror host Count Gore De Vol (listen to my interview with the Count here). DIAL 347.884.8997 to speak with the guests or the host. Read more about John at DC Actors Examiner. From the KickStarter page: Starship Farragut is an online webseries inspired by the original series of Star Trek, but instead of the crew of the Enterprise, it's the crew of the Farragut - simply put, "Different Ship, Different Crew and Different Adventures".

14. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

15. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

16. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Is there a point to this thread other than as a press release and photo drop? This is supposed to be a discussion board, and the Original Post (OP) usually features a topic for discussion.

Frankly, as-is this thread is a whole buncha nothin'.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  17. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Infraction issued to acman73 for spamming.

18. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Is OP a bot? He's not even responding to posts.

19. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

He probably got the message and moved on.

20. acman73

acman73 Ensign Newbie

Actually the purpose of this tread is just to draw some attention to Starship Farragut. It is not spam, it is not a bot. It is simple, I post things from our Facebook page as it is updated. We are working on a new episode called Homecoming. I am just trying to draw attention and get people to check out us out.